[FT] Celtic 1 - 2 Rangers (Kent 36; Katic 56)

Even with our most consistent player, Ryan Jack having an off day by his own high standards we bossed them in their own gaffe. Davis and Aribo outstanding thoughout - I think Arfield better get used to the bench given the  the performances of our midfield today.

Borna continues to impress to a standard which is mind boggling - not only defensively but his clinical and lethal use of the ball in  attacking positions.

I suspect the New Oxford Dictionary will have a photo of Katic under the word desire.

21 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Even with our most consistent player, Ryan Jack having an off day by his own high standards we bossed them in their own gaffe. Davis and Aribo outstanding thoughout - I think Arfield better get used to the bench given the  the performances of our midfield today.

Borna continues to impress to a standard which is mind boggling - not only defensively but his clinical and lethal use of the ball in  attacking positions.

I suspect the New Oxford Dictionary will have a photo of Katic under the word desire.

I'm not surprised by Borna at all. We paid good money in the first place because he looked like a player. I just feel that some were too quick to judge him considering he had a few niggling injuries at the start of his Rangers career

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

That was absolutely delicious in so many ways. 

They genuinely thought they were the bees knees. They have explained away every success we have had this season and bigged up their own. The combined old firm 11 on the BBC website had 2 Rangers players before kick off, the journalists wrote us off. We destroyed them at a neutral venue a few weeks ago but ultimately the pundits concluded that it wasn’t the fault of the officials it was down to a winning mentality that they have and we don’t. 

Now, as many of us expected we have outplayed them on their own park and won this time despite all the luck going their way. The penalty is a farce. It did not deny him the header, he wasn’t getting near it and the tugging is not penalised anything like consistently. It makes a mockery of the rules when you only apply them in the really big games and they aren’t even applied to both teams in those games. The goal is a disgrace, the ball is rising and suddenly deflects down the way. All this nonsense about “maybe he didn’t see it”, it is basic physics, the ball didn’t deflect downwards off his stomach. Then there is Morelos’ first booking, how on earth is that a booking? He didn’t even do anything, you would be booking every player in every team we play against if you book that consistently. Then there’s the added time out of nothing. 

To be so comfortably defeated despite all those advantages will be another shock to them. The only problem now is they’ve bought into the narratives on all their players so much that even if they were to splash the cash how would they decide which wonderkid to ditch? They genuinely think all their players are brilliant so they have no idea where to go from here. 

This season has been different from the start and if we can avoid injuries and (more) silly suspensions the league should be ours. 

Edited by DMAA