Rangers Calling For VAR

1 hour ago, Yorkie Bear said:

It's good that Rangers have put out this statement and it shows that we are leading the discussion on refereeing decisions.

I have my doubts about VAR. The experience in England does not sell it well. In the cases cited in the Rangers statement the correct decision was clearcut and VAR would have shown this. However, as in England, where part of a player's upper body is arguably a centimeter offside and it takes minutes to come to a decision, VAR is questionable.

It's probably inevitable that it will come to Scottish football and the point the Club make about the game in Scotland being left behind is valid. Those clubs in Scotland that aspire to European football should recognise that regardless of their reservations, to be treated as a serious league it needs to keep up to date with the prevailing technology.

Rangers are leading the way here and that's good to see. I would like to hear whether other clubs have anything worthwhile to say on the matter.

We're starting to lead the way on the field with our style of play. it looks like we're starting to lead the way on suggesting how Scottish football can move forward.

In what way is it "questionable"? It's offside or it's not. The law's the law, centimetre or not.

Fair does to all comments but no one is taking into consideration fans travelling from distance if e.g. 7or more minutes added to each half as public travel timetables won't be held back and fans will have a choice of missing quite a lot of game or their transport,excluding the "subway loyal".

I can understand armchair fans being a bit keener on VAR.

A relative regularly goes to Anfield and has told me VAR is horrendous when you're at the match.

I was on the fence when it was first talked about but having seen it in action in England I'm now 100% against it.  

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I can understand armchair fans being a bit keener on VAR.

A relative regularly goes to Anfield and has told me VAR is horrendous when you're at the match.

I was on the fence when it was first talked about but having seen it in action in England I'm now 100% against it.  

Bang on and it doesn't matter how many times my post is edited I feel the same way! I think it was you that said in this be careful what we wish for I think that's spot on too

I don't want VAR, look at the problems in the EPL, Scottish football is amateur as it is just now and it would just cause more problems, is it wrong for me to think the Rangers statement was their way of highlighting the recent decisions against us were blatant cheating?

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

The SFA are buying Hampden for £5m at the end of the season( although half of it from Willie Haughey)

Where are they going to get zillions from for VAR ? ??

Why do the SFA hold the power? The SPFL should be calling the shots. How does it work down south? I know it's on a level beyond our game but I can't imagine the FA telling the Premiership what to do.

25 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

look at the problems in the EPL,

There's a petition to get VAR binned.  Here's a quote:

"Football supporters were misled, and told VAR would be used only in "clear and obvious" circumstances. We have seen thus far, that this is simply not the case. The paying supporters in the stadiums have been left bewildered during the decisions, with a total lack of communication given during VAR making its decisions. Supporters should have been prioritised with the implementation of VAR, however, they have been totally cast aside."

Edited by Gonzo79

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

There's a petition to get VAR binned.  Here's a quote:

"Football supporters were misled, and told VAR would be used only in "clear and obvious" circumstances. We have seen thus far, that this is simply not the case. The paying supporters in the stadiums have been left bewildered during the decisions, with a total lack of communication given during VAR making its decisions. Supporters should have been prioritised with the implementation of VAR, however, they have been totally cast aside."

Maybe I am way out of touch regards this, but when watching matches on sky/BT we see very quick replays, why can't the 4th official and both managers not have a monitor on the touchline to review incidents? 4th official could assist the refs, I know that is pretty much VAR but right now that option is available.