Brown not sent off for second yellow

Whether the weather was nice or not is neither here nor there.  Brown was on a yellow and should have been booked for shoving Tav, which would've been a second yellow and a sending off.

The wee scrote gets away with murder and has done for years.

10 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Brown was on a yellow and should have been booked for shoving Tav, which would've been a second yellow and a sending off.

The wee scrote gets away with murder and has done for years.

Brown was booked in the 38th minute, Katic on 33.

52 minutes ago, Briton said:

Weather he was booked or not is not in question, he wasn't.   If the did decide to book him it wouldn't have been a sending off.

Yes it is in question.

If he was Yellow carded as appears from the commentators response on the footage and the actual footage we can see with our own eyes then why is it merely a yellow card considering it is a punch in the face off the ball an incident which is normally associated with a red card for violent conduct?

If Brown IS yellow carded here then the yellow he picks up a few minutes later is his second and he should be sent off. If Brown isn't yellow carded here he should be subject to retrospective action by the Compliance Officer as the referee hasn't seen a clear red card incident for violent conduct.

It seems to me that your pragmatic explanation of 'he wasn't yellow carded' to explain the situation doesn't match either the footage or the events thereafter.

13 hours ago, Big Jaws said:

Yes it is in question.

If he was Yellow carded as appears from the commentators response on the footage and the actual footage we can see with our own eyes then why is it merely a yellow card considering it is a punch in the face off the ball an incident which is normally associated with a red card for violent conduct?

If Brown IS yellow carded here then the yellow he picks up a few minutes later is his second and he should be sent off. If Brown isn't yellow carded here he should be subject to retrospective action by the Compliance Officer as the referee hasn't seen a clear red card incident for violent conduct.

It seems to me that your pragmatic explanation of 'he wasn't yellow carded' to explain the situation doesn't match either the footage or the events thereafter.

Page #31 post #305 in the match thread has the explanation for this

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Page #31 post #305 in the match thread has the explanation for this

I'm not disputing that is what they are saying Ian.

Next year 2021 I'll have been following Rangers home and away for 50 years and I have never seen a referee show a yellow card twice to the same player for the same incident, in fact I don't recall ever seeing that in ANY televised game, so forgive me for being frank in saying that's the biggest load of shite I've ever read/heard. 

2 hours ago, Big Jaws said:

I'm not disputing that is what they are saying Ian.

Next year 2021 I'll have been following Rangers home and away for 50 years and I have never seen a referee show a yellow card twice to the same player for the same incident, in fact I don't recall ever seeing that in ANY televised game, so forgive me for being frank in saying that's the biggest load of shite I've ever read/heard. 

I think you're probably correct in saying that a player has rarely (if ever) been shown the card twice like that, but I believe it really is the case here.  I think it's pretty clear that the ref does show it twice to Katic, as he claimed.  The ref was a joke though (in a sinister way), and the reason most refs don't show the card twice is because they don't have to.  The reason they don't have to is because they are calm and wait for the situation to die down a little before issuing cards.  In Clancy's case, he had the cards out so quickly for our players that only VAR would be able to confirm that the offence took place before the cards were out.  He was so quick with this card to Katic that Katic didn't see it, mainly because he was still disputing it with the Celtic player.

I suggest that anyone who still thinks otherwise should go and look at the incident again.  But although you will see that what I'm saying is correct, please also take the time to compare and contrast the speed at which cards are issued to certain players.  The card for Morelos in particular was freakish.  I swear he's going for his cards before Morelos goes down.  That's the issue we should be focussed on, which is why I was delighted with the Club 1872 statement.

56 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

In Clancy's case, he had the cards out so quickly for our players

I don't think I've ever seen a referee have the card out that quickly...ever.  

Clancy is a very questionable referee.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I don't think I've ever seen a referee have the card out that quickly...ever.  

Clancy is a very questionable referee.

Probably went to same training course as Beaton another cheat.