Libor Sionko remains keen to quit Rangers after expressing his frustration at the silent treatment he has received from Walter Smith.

Following Smith's return to Ibrox as manager, Sionko appeared just three times for Rangers and claims he has only spoken to the former Scotland coach once.

Though he has 12 months remaining on his contract, the Czech winger feels he will have to leave the club due to his relationship with Smith.

"This is true," Sionko told the Daily Record when asked if he had hardly spoken to Smith. "I've only spoken to him once in all of this time, when I returned from national team duty after a friendly in Belgium.

"He told me he had watched the game on television and that has been my only communication with the coach in six months.

"These last six months have been really difficult for me and if this continues I'd prefer to change clubs.

"If Mr Smith tells me he will give me a chance and he is counting on me, then I will stay. However, he has not given me this assurance, so it is better to switch clubs.

"I don't believe my situation at Rangers will become better."

Regarding his next club, Sionko admits there has been interest from several clubs in France.

He added: "I know there has been interest from Paris Saint Germain, but that was in the winter.

"St Etienne? I don't know if that is still valid and there have only been hints so far from Toulouse.

I don't think there is much chance of him getting a game next season so it will be in everybody"s interest if he goes.

To be honest i think Sionko could be the one that got away. I think that he may hit form and do a job for us. I guess we will never know.

Regarding his next club, Sionko admits there has been interest from several clubs in France.

He added: "I know there has been interest from Paris Saint Germain, but that was in the winter.

"St Etienne? I don't know if that is still valid and there have only been hints so far from Toulouse.

Doesnt sound like too much interest to me :D

I don't think there is much chance of him getting a game next season so it will be in everybody"s interest if he goes.

To be honest i think Sionko could be the one that got away. I think that he may hit form and do a job for us. I guess we will never know

I agree I cant see him being there if Smith hasnt even spoke to him - bit harsh if its true.

At times last season Id have agreed with you and said he should be playing well ahead of Burke, then I saw him in a few games and he just never touched the ball - he was shocking.

But prior to moving to us he looked ok (same as most players), and he looked a gem in the first 2 games - I just dont know what happened.

It may be a case of another that got away or it could be a case of giving a French team a dumpling - my jury is out on Sionko but a bit like Buffel he has some talent.

Doesnt sound like too much interest to me :D

I agree I cant see him being there if Smith hasnt even spoke to him - bit harsh if its true.

At times last season Id have agreed with you and said he should be playing well ahead of Burke, then I saw him in a few games and he just never touched the ball - he was shocking.

But prior to moving to us he looked ok (same as most players), and he looked a gem in the first 2 games - I just dont know what happened.

It may be a case of another that got away or it could be a case of giving a French team a dumpling - my jury is out on Sionko but a bit like Buffel he has some talent.

F him tbh. Don't remember many people saying PLG could've handled his problems with Barry an better, so I wont apologise for not feeling sorry for a player who has been absolute murder for us.

Sionko and Buffel are similiar players. Got the talent but only use it in oince every 3 or 4 games.

If we got the talent out them for every game we would be laughing, i would like to see Sionko stay, he gets into the box more than Burke does down the right hand side and is not afraid of a challenge either.