Thought Liverpool were brilliant. One of their youngsters , HARVEY ELLIOTT has been linked with us. A left-sided player who seems to play mostly on the right. Would offer more than Ojo IMO.

A more general point: how come L'pool can afford to play 5-6 teenagers in an FA Cup (not Carabao Cup) against a full-strength experienced Everton? Could we do that v Stranraer? If we don't have 4 or 5 youth to come in and do that then you have to question our youth policy. Why have a development squad if they are not being developed?

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 10:05, alexscottislegend said:

Thought Liverpool were brilliant. One of their youngsters , HARVEY ELLIOTT has been linked with us. A left-sided player who seems to play mostly on the right. Would offer more than Ojo IMO.

A more general point: how come L'pool can afford to play 5-6 teenagers in an FA Cup (not Carabao Cup) against a full-strength experienced Everton? Could we do that v Stranraer? If we don't have 4 or 5 youth to come in and do that then you have to question our youth policy. Why have a development squad if they are not being developed?

Because Liverpool don't care about the FA Cup.  They were more concerned with the World Club Championship and the league.  For Liverpool this season, the FA Cup may as well be the Carabao Cup.

3 hours ago, craig said:

Because Liverpool don't care about the FA Cup.  They were more concerned with the World Club Championship and the league.  For Liverpool this season, the FA Cup may as well be the Carabao Cup.

Looks that way. Their holy grail is the title which is much like Rangers right now. I suspect they would prefer the title over being CL winners in consecutive seasons. Luckily for them the title looks to be already in the bag.

I feel Klopp may want to win that title in consecutive seasons plus add another CL trophy before deciding maybe my job is done here.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

Looks that way. Their holy grail is the title which is much like Rangers right now. I suspect they would prefer the title over being CL winners in consecutive seasons. Luckily for them the title looks to be already in the bag.

I feel Klopp may want to win that title in consecutive seasons plus add another CL trophy before deciding maybe my job is done here.

Not sure why he would leave - Liverpool are such a well run club.  Fenway Sports are a great company and know how to build sports brands.  He is well on the way to achieving a dynasty there, much as it pains me to say it.

5 minutes ago, craig said:

Not sure why he would leave - Liverpool are such a well run club.  Fenway Sports are a great company and know how to build sports brands.  He is well on the way to achieving a dynasty there, much as it pains me to say it.

I would suspect most managers may want to stay in the circumstances I just feel he's not most managers. 

20 minutes ago, craig said:

Not a Liverpool fan then Craig? Do you have a preference for a team down south?

14 hours ago, craig said:

Yeah, Arsenal.  Brutal times.

My Australian cousin - and Rangers fan - has adopted Arsenal as his English team purely on the basis that in the sixties, and for some time afterwards, we would play each other every season - so had a kind of bond. I also remember Arsenal lending us Highbury to play Red Star when we needed a neutral venue. (Think we lost, though - not sure.)