The Athletic - How Barisic has Rebalanced Rangers

Jordan Campbell has written another excellent article at The Athletic. I don't agree with copying and pasting from there but I'll share some of the points he made.

• Barisic has played in 22 of the last 23 games (the accusation last season was that he was made of glass)
  • He shared a heatmap showing the average position of Rangers players in the 3-0 win over Hibs and Barisic was the 3rd furthest forward player behind only Morelos and Aribo (further forward than Kent)
  • More assists than Tavernier despite the stats showing he is less involved in the play (less actions, passes, crosses), but much more involved than he was last season
  • Osijek's strategy was to switch play to him fast so he has space and Goldson is finding him much more often with long passes and the average distance of his passes to him is up massively

Don't want to share too much but hopefully that gives an idea.

If you aren't signed up I'd suggest doing so as it's good quality Rangers journalism and with a referral link you can get it for £2.99 a month.

https://theathletic.com/1501631/2020/01/08/how-borna-barisic-rebalanced-rangers/

Edited by DMAA

6 hours ago, compo said:

He's turned out to be a very good signing 

Barisic and Jordan Campbell have turned out to be great signings for their respective employers.  I'm really impressed by his analysis and writing.  He really puts the other rag writers to shame.  As for Barisic, we've got a real international class player and he can be a big part of our success this season.

Just now, Gaffer said:

Barisic and Jordan Campbell have turned out to be great signings for their respective employers.  I'm really impressed by his analysis and writing.  He really puts the other rag writers to shame.  As for Barisic, we've got a real international class player and he can be a big part of our success this season.

Money well spent 

11 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

International class ? His performances have been better than that don’t you think? ?

After attending the YoungBoys game last month I read a match report describe Barasic as a class above everyone else on the pitch. He was.

Sadly though I can’t see him being with us next season. 

3 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Barasic could play for any club in the world 

When did Rangers last go to Celtic Park & win when the LB set up the 2 goals?

Wonder how Arsenal feel spending that money on Tierney when Rangers had a better LB ??