Supporters' Clubs

Worst experience in a supporters but was back in the early 1970s when, for some reason, both Rangers and Celtic were playing European ties at home. Travelling through Shotts on the way north, most of our windows and a few heads were broken by a hail of red bricks from green-clad animals. It was a long, cold drive home.

9 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Sure it wasn’t Aberdour? I don’t remember an RSC in Aberlour.

The Moray club is Burghead Loyal. Picks up all over the County.

Now you have me wondering this was around twenty years ago ?

11 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Is John Niven a continuation of the Union Jack bus?  I got on that a couple of times in the late 90s.

Used to like the Spider's Web boozer (where the UJ bus departed) but it's a gentrified gin bar now.

Is this the pub at Torpichen road 

• Frankie changed the title to Supporters' Clubs

I have been a member of the Nithsdale Loyal bus for over 30 years and there must be 10-15 guys on it that have been on it longer than me!

I used to live in the area as a teenager when I joined, and due to it being a short 10 minute journey to Ibrox the bus doesn’t go to home games at all, so when I moved up to Tannochside in 2007 I joined the Tannochside bus then and go to home games with them.

Both are great, really well run buses, no booze, no smoking, reliable and great value. The difficulty of trying to park around Ibrox is well known, as is the mile long subway queue, so the buses are a great way to go to games, and that’s before you take into account the great banter, friendship and match discussion you get on the buses. A couple of beers before the game and in the club after the game is also a great way to enjoy a match day, although I admit I don’t do this very often myself.

I would recommend using your local RSC if you have one.

I travel on The Temple Loyal bus. Leaves Lincoln Inn on Great Western Road and picks up on Futon Street. Has been going a couple of seasons now.  For some away games we go on he Blues Brother bus that leaves Rosevale Bar in Partick.

Years ago used to go on Knightswood bus.

I used to be in the Govanhill RSC in the sixties. After a Scottish Cup replay at Tynecastle me and my mates went for a drink. By the time we got back our bus had gone. "Luckily" the Townhead RSC let us on their bus. The bus broke down on route and the young boys got out and started to try and break into this newsagents encouraged by the older passengers. Along came the polis but fortunately did not take any action. We eventually got back to Glasgow on a replacement bus.

Rangers lost by the way ?.

Worst experience on a Supporters Bus.

It occurred 44 years ago. Rangers had arranged a friendly against Aston Villa in 1876, probably because both clubs were already out of respective cup competitions? We were desperate to go but could not book the self drive Uni' mini-bus. One of the lads knew the Bus Convenor of the Bristol Bar RSC and he booked six seats. Leaving at midnight on the Friday for a three O'Clock kick-off in Birmingham, two buses were traveling, a double decker and a coach. We had a few pints and took our seats on the double-decker. The back seat had two five gallon drums, both for necessary urination. A large funnel was placed in the small aperture of the first drum.

The first three-four hours were quite raucous, songs were being sung and absolute love of Rangers proclaimed. The bus was awash with booze, heavy cargoes. The bus quietened between four and five in the morning, the vast majority in drunken slumbers. I woke before six, desperate for a slash, staggered my way to the back of the bus to find some cnut had crapped in the funnel.