[FT] Rangers 2 - 0 Stranraer (Arfield 44; Defoe 66pen)

A notable difference from last season's January kick off is the (lack of) addition of new players.

Davis and Defoe have been very good signings but it felt like they were shoehorned into the match at Rugby Park.  We won't have that problem this time.

A comfortable victory with no injuries is what's required tonight.

Edited by Gonzo79

19 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

A notable difference from last season's January kick off is the (lack of) addition of new players.

Davis and Defoe have been very good signings but it felt like they were shoehorned into the match at Rugby Park.  We won't have that problem this time.

A comfortable victory with no injuries is what's required tonight.

I also think that the biggest difference from last year is that we are a more coherent and settled team this time around. The league table and points accumulated confirm this.

With reference to adding new pkayers, I genuinely hope the mhanks start dropping in their new players. Just adding new players doesn't always mean it's going to be a positive. It takes players time to settle and get used to their new team mates and that's why I'm glad we (hopefully) won't be making too many amendments this winter break

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

It's a clear as the nose on your face this team have proved to have the bottle/talent to challenge for the title/trophies as was proved in the last 2 matches vs Separate Entity FC, as well as improvement all over and now we are sitting in a great position, no doubt we are a far better team/squad this season.

You can see the determination & drive to be successful in the squad, which is what a winner like SG has worked hard to instill that belief into his players. 

Missing Morelos & Tav is of course a blow, however we have cover for both and I don't envisage any let up in our play/results.

I think tonight is a perfect first match back after the winter break and as comfortable a win as I expect, it will be competitive with a big crowd backing the team who are still on a high after our win at the camp knew.

Let's go! again.

Edit: I'm sure I read Stewart is injured???

Edited by ian1964

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Edit: I'm sure I read Stewart is injured???

Aye looks like Stewart will miss out.  I guess that means Barker or Ojo instead depending on the system the manager wants to use.