[FT] Rangers 2 - 0 Stranraer (Arfield 44; Defoe 66pen)

As expected, pretty much a training game in our favour but credit to Stranraer who have defended fairly well for most of that half.

As for us, we've knocked it about OK but not enough work in and around the box or guile from attacking players with not enough support for Defoe.  Jones hasn't really impressed whilst Halliday hasn't offered any threat on the left.

A word for John Beaton who has been his usual appalling himself and far too lenient.  How Jamie Hamill wasn't sent off is beyond me?

Just now, Frankie said:

A word for John Beaton who has been his usual appalling himself and far too lenient

Until our club stands up to this officiating the more we will see these performances, one of our players is going to get a serious injury soon 

• Frankie changed the title to Rangers 1 - 0 Stranraer (Arfield 44)
  • Frankie changed the title to Rangers 2 - 0 Stranraer (Arfield 44; Defoe 66pen)

For me each player in our squad offers something - apart from Barker.  Is he lacking confidence?  Is he just poor?  I get the feeling that if you put him in front of an open net with no opposition players he'd still manage to dribble around the wrong side of the goal post.