[FT] Rangers 2 - 0 Stranraer (Arfield 44; Defoe 66pen)

44 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Not long in from game quite a boring night but apart from Jones/Barker and Ojo not being good enough the others played well with Paterson pushing Davis for m.o.m.

One of the most boring games I have watched! The preseason games had more to them tbh. The game was 95% played in their half. Job done though and tbh it was a sore night for Halliday ? Oooft he took a few bruising ones!

2 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Possession: Rangers 41% - Stranraer 59%

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/51095679

That's just utter bollocks! We played the whole game in their half. Talk about childish stuff from a national institution! The game was live on the TV , so why is someone in authority at the BBC not questioning the validity of this? I know it's just trolling but it's pathetic. Can't wait for 55!

Tedious affair to watch partly because there was a total lack of urgency to the play but I suppose we might expect that in a case like this. No refection on Stranraer for that they were never in it and in fact I don't recall them registering a single shot even off target nor even a corner.

They did nothing with  their possession superiority. ?

It played out almost entirely in their half with an air of inevitability that the ball had to go into their net at some point which it ultimately did, twice. Then it was over. Thankfully.

Stranraer get their money we move on to the real business on Wednesday.

Nice to see Gerrard not mincing his words about those senior players who didn't step up. The bar for entry into the first team has been seriously ratcheted up this season and I think the likes of Barker and Ojo will be looking for a new club before too long. They simply aren't good enough for where Gerrard wants Rangers to go and it sounds like he's not afraid to cut the dead wood from our squad if he knows there are better options available. If we want sustained success this is the only way to go.