Amo, Bertie & Numan

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

I'm afraid to say that I don't look on Konterman with any affection. I don't think I'd want to go to something with him in it.

However I hope that the event is a great success.

Yeah see what you are saying but he was a Rangers player and find that most are open and honest about their time at the club. 

Marco Negri is another who seems to be bizarrely doing the rounds. After his injury in early Jan in his first season he managed a total of 2 goals (I believe) in his remaining 3 and a half years with the club, and a total of 3 appearances over his last 3 seasons with us.

Something wasn't right and I fail to see why he would get invited to functions.

6 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Marco Negri is another who seems to be bizarrely doing the rounds. After his injury in early Jan in his first season he managed a total of 2 goals (I believe) in his remaining 3 and a half years with the club, and a total of 3 appearances over his last 3 seasons with us.

Something wasn't right and I fail to see why he would get invited to functions.

Actually saw him in The Louden and he was actually decent. 

Best one in The Louden (imo) was Derek Parlane and Neil McCann, although Fernando one was emotional.

6 hours ago, Frankie said:

What a goal!

Don't think I've seen a better struck Rangers goal in terms of power, distance, swerve and accuracy.  And that includes people like Cooper, Albertz, Amo and McCulloch who, for all their faults, scored some wonder strikes.

But far the best exponent of the 30 yard thunderbolt I ever saw was actually John Greig, who I must have seen bury a dozen or more.

6 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Was a very enjoyable afternoon - 3rd time Numan has been in Bo'ness and he gets better each time.

Amo and Bertie were also very good, especially given it was Berts 1st Q&A.

Brilliantly hosted by Tam the Commentator 

I understand what BlueDell is saying but I'm not sure it's fair on Konterman to compare him to Negri. Konterman was a limited player who tried his best, Negri was a talented player who downed tools and stole a wage. I've heard Konterman speak and he's surprisingly articulate and if asked the right questions he's actually pretty interesting. His views on the structure of Scottish football and the absence of organised local clubs is worth listening too, actually. 

As a support it's funny who we take to our hearts. The Sebo love-in baffled me, I didn't share it. But there are other players who only played for us for a short time who somehow retain enormous affection from our support, guys like Ray Wilkins, Gattuso and Pedro Mendes spring to mind. In the grand scheme of things all three were mere footnotes in our history, yet they're arguably more popular with our support than other players who made a much more significant contribution. Football doesn't make sense of course, that's part of its appeal. 

3 hours ago, JohnMc said:

I understand what BlueDell is saying but I'm not sure it's fair on Konterman to compare him to Negri. Konterman was a limited player who tried his best, Negri was a talented player who downed tools and stole a wage. I've heard Konterman speak and he's surprisingly articulate and if asked the right questions he's actually pretty interesting. His views on the structure of Scottish football and the absence of organised local clubs is worth listening too, actually. 

As a support it's funny who we take to our hearts. The Sebo love-in baffled me, I didn't share it. But there are other players who only played for us for a short time who somehow retain enormous affection from our support, guys like Ray Wilkins, Gattuso and Pedro Mendes spring to mind. In the grand scheme of things all three were mere footnotes in our history, yet they're arguably more popular with our support than other players who made a much more significant contribution. Football doesn't make sense of course, that's part of its appeal. 

Have to agree with some of this.  It's not Konterman's fault that the manager wouldn't drop him.

Negri downed tools and extracted a small fortune for 3 and a half years.  Who knows what Rangers could have achieved otherwise.  Can't understand fans looking back on him with much fondness at all.