Rangers charged

4 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Weekend has come and gone and no follow up statement from the club. I’m assuming the time taken will be worth it.

I hope I'm wrong but I've a feeling the board is more concerned with appeasing supporters than attacking the mendacity of the media or the football authorities. I'm not holding my breath.

8 hours ago, Bill said:

I hope I'm wrong but I've a feeling the board is more concerned with appeasing supporters than attacking the mendacity of the media or the football authorities. I'm not holding my breath.

I'd be less bothered about public statements if I felt the club was actually dealing with this issue behind closed doors (which is the way it should be done).  However, I think the main concern we all have is that we don't believe the club is dealing with this in an effective manner.  I've certainly seen nothing to suggest we are able to influence the relevant stakeholders.  I get the impression that our approach is to focus on winning the league and that somehow it'll change when we are champions again.  Some things will change when we are champions, but I doubt very much that the attitude towards us from the press (including the BBC) will ever change without taking serious action.  Statements are merely to appease fans, but only legal action will achieve anything.

22 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I don't think there is much point in another statement until they've spoken with the SFA.  I guess we will find out more once that has happened.

The point of another statement is that the board said there would be one. It's a matter of trust and integrity between the club and its supporters.

They did say there would be one, they didn't say it would be Monday or Tuesday.  I'm just saying that presumably the reason they didn't put out a full statement is because it is worthwhile having the discussion with the SFA first, or at least investigating our options.  I'm not sure what more they can say before doing that.

1 hour ago, PoohBear said:

They did say there would be one, they didn't say it would be Monday or Tuesday.  I'm just saying that presumably the reason they didn't put out a full statement is because it is worthwhile having the discussion with the SFA first, or at least investigating our options.  I'm not sure what more they can say before doing that.

There’s a great deal they could say. For a start they could expand upon and clarify their own position and state clearly what they believe is at the root of it.