Club1872 Board Elections

Club 1872 logo
shadow.jpg

Club 1872 Board Elections - Applications

Dear Member,

The Club 1872 board elections have been delayed for a significant period of time due to the process of adopting new Articles of Association for Club 1872 Shares CIC, in conjunction with the CIC Regulator. This delay was regrettable and we apologise for it, but the continuity provided by the current board overseeing this process was very important. We thank the Regulator for her help in assisting the current board to put in place a robust and transparent governance framework for the organisation which will serve it very well in the years to come.

Now that this work has been completed, the Club 1872 companies are accepting applications for the Club 1872 boards.

We would welcome candidates who can commit the time and energy required to achieve the aims of Club 1872. The eligibility requirements are laid out below.

Candidates should note that on election they will be appointed to the under-noted companies:

Club 1872 Shares CIC, Club 1872 Projects CIC, Club 1872 Limited and Supporters Voice Limited.

Each company is separate and independent and candidates must be willing to serve on each of the companies’ boards for a term of 3 years.

Applications

Applications should be completed on a Club 1872 Board Application form (download by clicking here) and e-mailed to applications@club1872.co.uk.

Candidates will also be required to sign further documents as part of the application process including a Directors’ Role document. These documents will be provided to candidates on receipt of their application form so we would ask them to ensure that their application form is received at least 24 hours prior to the deadline to allow these further forms to be completed.

We will accept scanned copies of all documents prior to the application deadline as long as paper copies follow in a timely fashion.

All paper forms should be printed, signed by the applicant and posted or hand delivered to:

Club 1872,
Second Floor,
Copland House,
Edmiston Drive,
Glasgow G51 2XF

All applications will be acknowledged by e-mail.

If you are in any doubt or have any other questions, please contact info@club1872.co.uk.

Applications for board positions must be received no later than 5pm on 24th January 2020.

There are 5 board places in total. Only 3 of these places are free at this election as Euan Macfarlane and Joanne Percival were affirmed by members in 2018 and have just under two years of their terms remaining.

The Club 1872 board is very pleased to make members aware that existing directors, Laura Fawkes and Reverend Stuart MacQuarrie, have confirmed their intention to seek re-election.

Candidates require 15 proposers.

Candidates and proposers must be either life members or have been donating monthly contributors for a continuous period of at least six months prior to the date of this notice.

Candidates must be capable of being appointed as a director of a company.

All information on the candidate’s application form must be factually accurate. Any candidate who is found to provide false information either on their application form or during the election process will be subject to removal from the process.

All details contained in candidate applications and supporting documentation (excluding personal information such as postal address details, email address and phone number) may be published on the Club 1872 website.

Further details of the election process will be published following the completion of the application process.

Club 1872

From the outset I’ve struggled to see the point of Club1872 but more so since Dave King took over. From what I can see it is a vehicle for collecting members’ money and buying club shares, although I’m not sure for what purpose. It doesn’t seem to have a representative agenda that doesn’t involve acquiring large sums of money. Who sits on theClub1872 board is probably an irrelevance to most fans. We could seriously do with a vocal supporters’ presence but I can’t see one appearing any time soon. 

7 minutes ago, plgsarmy said:

I am thinking about standing but to find 15 proposers if you aren’t in the inner circle is problematic.

Sorry but although I keep getting all the emails etc I ceased to be a paying member some time ago otherwise I'd certainly be one of the 15.

Surely there are 15 eligible on here who would do so?