The latest Chinese virus

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

So you're agreeing that nothing is going to change about the standing of this journal. Which is ALL I said. I said NOTHING about ANYTHING else.

Using capitals doesn't make your point any less ridiculous. 

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Using capitals doesn't make your point any less ridiculous. 

So go ahead, explain how the point is ridiculous.  Prediction. You will post entirely unrelated utter shite that proves absolutely nothing about the point or anything else for that matter.

That is aside from illustrating a pathological addiction to talking and saying nothing just to be talking. Incidentally block letters are a common method of inserting emphasis when the voice isn't available to do so. 

But again, you're that person who just wants to talk and say nothing of any relevance. As you just demonstrated.

18 hours ago, craig said:

Obviously being overseas I don't know how it all works Bill, so thanks for that.  I know that a couple of weeks ago when this started turning south, Tesco were looking for van delivery drivers so they were ramping up their capacity and the others would have too.  However, that capacity increase still won't be able to cope with many millions of households all now trying to get deliveries.

My post you quoted was just a suggestion that MIGHT work for those who are struggling badly to get deliveries - a last resort attempt if you will :thup:

Another issue, along with the ones you raise above is the bandwidth of their website - at midnight every night you can guarantee that the ASDA website basically crashes.

You were right about the bandwidth problem. I managed to get a delivery slot right about i.00am this morning after much waiting and several crashes. The system clearly isn't designed for this amount of traffic.

Here's a thought that's been annoying me recently.

Frontline NHS workers have rightly been praised for their courage and effort in this crisis. However, the very attention being given to nurses, doctors and other frontline staff is masking a long standing problem in the NHS that no one is currently focussing on.

The NHS is awash with bureaucrats earning six figure salaries who are being allowed to hide behind public appreciation of frontline staff. Years of waste and inept management is being ignored while blame for shortfalls of equipment, etc is mis-directed at government.

While government has to take responsibility for overall funding, it is NHS management that is charged with prioritising the use of those funds. Too often, their top priority has been empire building and self-interest.

It's time we shook off the sacred cow of public funded healthcare and moved to the competitive insurance-based model that's so effective in Germany.

Edited by Bill

I used to go to hospitals quite often. I can’t remember when it happened, late seventies probably but when once you saw a dozen cloaked and capped nurses coming on and off shift there were over weight folk going about with clip boards.

Every head guy needs a depute, fair enough but does the depute need an assistant depute who in turn needs an assistant, a big desk and a secretary? Not just NHS that suffers from that. Most public sector operates that way and private sector too if they can get away with it. Margins and disgruntled shareholders keep the private sector honest.

32 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I used to go to hospitals quite often. I can’t remember when it happened, late seventies probably but when once you saw a dozen cloaked and capped nurses coming on and off shift there were over weight folk going about with clip boards.

Every head guy needs a depute, fair enough but does the depute need an assistant depute who in turn needs an assistant, a big desk and a secretary? Not just NHS that suffers from that. Most public sector operates that way and private sector too if they can get away with it. Margins and disgruntled shareholders keep the private sector honest.

That sort of thing disappeared from the private sector long ago. Secretaries and the like disappeared 20+ years ago. People do their own admin and usually six other jobs too. I used to be chairman and MD of a small group of companies but I booked my own hotels and flights, typed my own correspondence, filed my own files, made the coffee, etc etc. One step away from cleaning the loo's. Looking at the public sector from the outside is a shocking experience - waste, duplication, inflated salaries, over- staffing, under-performance, patronage, entitlement culture. 

6 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Deary me, facts are irrelevant, talk about completely missing the point.

Fact. THIS is what I said. THE point I made.

I don't give the proverbial flying fuck about your ranting on any point I didn't mention. So go take it somewhere else. 

Lol.  You post a "damning article" from Richard Horton wherein he says that the whole of NHS England management should resign after the crisis is over.  That article is in complete contradiction to his own tweets just a couple of weeks prior.  Should he also resign his position for doing a 180 degree turnaround within a couple of weeks.

The same Richard Horton who lambasts NHS England management a couple of weeks prior said we shouldn't panic, it wasn't that big of a deal.  So he, himself, should probably resign for getting it so wildly wrong himself in his "esteemed medical journal".

Youre scoring a massive own goal here and, worse, youre actually oblivious to it and oblivious to the point being made.

6 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Deary me, facts are irrelevant, talk about completely missing the point.

Fact. THIS is what I said. THE point I made.

I don't give the proverbial flying fuck about your ranting on any point I didn't mention. So go take it somewhere else. 

The irony and hypocrisy:roflmao: