The latest Chinese virus

Every country in the world knows that without a vaccine then herd immunity is the only option to move forward, where the biggest failure is the the old and vulnerable have not been properly protected you just need to look at the actions and inactions of Scotland's chief grandmammy killer to see that. Sending it into care homes to wipe out the vulnerable is an overt act of criminality and slows the development of herd immunity. 

Edited by forlanssister

7 hours ago, compo said:

Looks like the virus is out of control in parts of America 

Who knew that if you ignored social distancing, a contagious virus would spread more rapidly? Now we can see exactly how much black lives matter. Not a great deal to those protesting about it apparently.

According to the BBC

Coronavirus: Face coverings to become mandatory in Scottish shops

43 minutes ago

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53252760

The use of face coverings will become mandatory in shops in Scotland from 9 July as coronavirus restrictions are eased, Nicola Sturgeon has said.

Non-essential shops have reopened in Scotland and bars and restaurants are due to open up again later this month.

The first minister said the 2m physical distancing rule would be eased for some premises when the country enters the next phase of its routemap on 10 July.

And she said face coverings would be mandatory in shops from that date.

Ms Sturgeon also announced that children under the age of 12 would no longer need to maintain physical distancing from other households while outdoors from Friday.

Quite how one keeps a face mask in place, or a straight face,  while swallying a pint, or eating a pasta is anybody's guess.

There will need to be a big change of behaviour then because this morning I would say less than 25% of customers in B&Q were wearing masks and, worse still, none of the staff. As you can see, I was wearing mine

spacer.png

18 hours ago, Bill said:

There will need to be a big change of behaviour then because this morning I would say less than 25% of customers in B&Q were wearing masks and, worse still, none of the staff. As you can see, I was wearing mine

spacer.png

cartoonB.thumb.jpg.e15fa9439b0215a0e8c374a0a3f78014.jpg

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/comment/peter-brookes-times-cartoon-july-3-2020-9zxhjcnw3

The question no one seems prepared to ask is whether these face masks actually achieve anything.

The WHO stated previously that the only people who should wear a mask are 1) those who have the virus 2) those treating people who have got the virus 

Something’s  changed obviously