The latest Chinese virus

Since day one of this virus all weve had is experts crawling out of the woodwork and quite honestly I take their advice with a pinch of skepticism I was sitting the other day and came to my own conclusions all these experts have probably been to university become professors and all the rest so if they are so clever why have most of them got a different take on things ,experts my arse they would have been better off studying form in a betting shop  .

4 hours ago, forlanssister said:

No it isn't, comes across as the opposite to me and basically confirms what the Infectious Diseases doctors told me. Effectively shield and protect the vulnerable, test, trace, isolate and let everyone else get on with their life.

I don't think this was the main thrust of the article.  The content of the article related to the incidence of Covid amongst schoolchildren, their role as transmitters of the disease and the argument for keeping schools open.

5 hours ago, compo said:

Since day one of this virus all weve had is experts crawling out of the woodwork and quite honestly I take their advice with a pinch of skepticism I was sitting the other day and came to my own conclusions all these experts have probably been to university become professors and all the rest so if they are so clever why have most of them got a different take on things ,experts my arse they would have been better off studying form in a betting shop  .

I don’t think you’re looking for experts. You’re looking for a universal truth that everyone agrees with and I’m afraid that doesn’t exist yet. Besides, the only truth that really matters is whether you and yours will die if you become infected. What happens to the wider population might be a discussion point but that’s about all it is. 

As testing has increased to significant levels, it's interesting to see the reported confirmed Covid case continue at a daily level of several hundred but the daily reported deaths continue to fall to double digits. I expect we're also shortly going to see a sharp fall in the reported deaths total as the extent of PHE's spurious reporting becomes clear. I can't help thinking that, ignoring the usual noise from the everything-is-negative brigade, the govt hasn't made such a bad fist of it all, considering how appallingly badly prepared we were. The economic figures will be telling going forward - not the next month or two but the 3 to 6 months from now. It's looking like there's a chance that won't be quite as bad as some feared either.

On 23/07/2020 at 16:53, Bill said:

As testing has increased to significant levels, it's interesting to see the reported confirmed Covid case continue at a daily level of several hundred but the daily reported deaths continue to fall to double digits. I expect we're also shortly going to see a sharp fall in the reported deaths total as the extent of PHE's spurious reporting becomes clear. I can't help thinking that, ignoring the usual noise from the everything-is-negative brigade, the govt hasn't made such a bad fist of it all, considering how appallingly badly prepared we were. The economic figures will be telling going forward - not the next month or two but the 3 to 6 months from now. It's looking like there's a chance that won't be quite as bad as some feared either.

Well we ignored project fear and will ignore the current doom merchants. Yes the economy will constrict as they will globally, but the 5th column in this country always want to paint the UK as being the worse in Europe.

Question, has anyone here ever seen a positive headline in the Guardian about the UK? Just asking ;) 

The city of Melbourne has imposed a curfew from eight in the evening until five in the morning the only people exempt will be folk in the health industry this is after over seven hundred   new cases on Sunday .

• 1 month later...