The latest Chinese virus

8 hours ago, stewarty said:

I'm confused.  What exactly is it that you're saying is a scam?  

-Last year's flu bug infected 1 Billion people worldwide...it resulted in a death rate of about .1%.

-Covid has a death rate (currently, and dropping as more are tested) of about .2%.

-94% (USA) of which have two or more co-morbidities.

-<10% of ALL Covid deaths worldwide have zero co-morbidities.

-This virus kills literally no one under 18 years of age...but the schools are closed?

-The VAST majority of deaths from Covid come from individuals older than 70 years...with co-morbidities....no different rate...no different from any other flu.

Yet...everything must be stopped...everything must be shut...SCAM!

This is NOT about a virus...this is about advancing a system where you can be tracked, traced, stamped, and herded as the state sees fit.

However...something tells me I couldn't open your eyes with a hydraulic jack...so..back sleep.

The state loves you. The state loves you. The state loves you. 

5 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

-Last year's flu bug infected 1 Billion people worldwide...it resulted in a death rate of about .1%.

-Covid has a death rate (currently, and dropping as more are tested) of about .2%.

-94% (USA) of which have two or more co-morbidities.

-<10% of ALL Covid deaths worldwide have zero co-morbidities.

-This virus kills literally no one under 18 years of age...but the schools are closed?

-The VAST majority of deaths from Covid come from individuals older than 70 years...with co-morbidities....no different rate...no different from any other flu.

Yet...everything must be stopped...everything must be shut...SCAM!

This is NOT about a virus...this is about advancing a system where you can be tracked, traced, stamped, and herded as the state sees fit.

However...something tells me I couldn't open your eyes with a hydraulic jack...so..back sleep.

The state loves you. The state loves you. The state loves you. 

Woah there tiger!

I’m not an doctor or an epidemiologist, but it’s not hard to find lots of material which explains quite clearly why Covid-19 is a major public health problem.  

Here’s just one of a number of articles which explain it better than I could...

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/why-covid-19-isnt-the-flu#Many-unknowns-about-COVID-19

I get that lockdowns are a ball ache, but if we didn’t do that then we wouldn’t have flattened the curve and many more people would have become infected and swamped the limited healthcare resources across the globe.  Mortality would have been way higher. 

Perhaps rocking on for 200k deaths in the US doesn’t bother you, that’s fine.   But whatever way you dress things up, there is a delicate balance between opening up the economy and maintaining social distance that is absolutely necessary until such time as we have a vaccine.  Even a lay person like me can understand the equation, but simply ignoring the problem, refusing to wear a mask or maintain distance is the quickest way to see many more people become seriously ill and die.  

17 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Woah there tiger!

I’m not an doctor or an epidemiologist, but it’s not hard to find lots of material which explains quite clearly why Covid-19 is a major public health problem.  

Here’s just one of a number of articles which explain it better than I could...

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/why-covid-19-isnt-the-flu#Many-unknowns-about-COVID-19

I get that lockdowns are a ball ache, but if we didn’t do that then we wouldn’t have flattened the curve and many more people would have become infected and swamped the limited healthcare resources across the globe.  Mortality would have been way higher. 

Perhaps rocking on for 200k deaths in the US doesn’t bother you, that’s fine.   But whatever way you dress things up, there is a delicate balance between opening up the economy and maintaining social distance that is absolutely necessary until such time as we have a vaccine.  Even a lay person like me can understand the equation, but simply ignoring the problem, refusing to wear a mask or maintain distance is the quickest way to see many more people become seriously ill and die.  

It's also the quickest way to build herd immunity and resistance to the virus as we have done with every other virus since records began.  While not getting fully behind the scam scenario, there do seem to be many inconsistencies in our approach. 

Protect the hospitals (didnt happen until too late)  protect care homes (ditto) ensure vulnerable people at home have locked down (shielding) and allow the rest of society to continue without ruining the economy (oops)

Seeing as 95% of deaths unfortunately came from the most vulnerable sections of the community, then why not let the rest build the resistance so that the virus has nowhere to go, as per the report that ASIL displayed where epidemiologists argue that between 40-50% herd immunity would be enough to halt the virus march into more vulnerable groups?

It's no scam but we have been fed a diet of fear and death for months by the media and incompetence by Governments, only because we haven't witnessed a global pandemic for decades - but this isn't the first. 

37 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Even a lay person like me can understand the equation, but simply ignoring the problem, refusing to wear a mask or maintain distance is the quickest way to see many more people become seriously ill and die.  

Doctor or not I am trying to communicate to you that there is no problem. There is statistically, and realistically NO problem. There is a virus which is no more deadly than the seasonal flu. This has been apparent since month two. One billion people contracted the flu last year, world wide. 99.5% of which were either asymptomatic or felt like crap for a week, and then moved on with their lives. 

The elderly die from flu, herd immunity is a natural course of things, masks (especially cloth masks) are filthy germ farms, latex gloves are the same. Your immune system is STRENGTHENED through contact with the outside world...this virus ( and most respiratory viruses) is killed almost immediately in direct sun light.

Stop watching the idiot box....and stop listening to those criminals in your government. They are lying to you. 

40 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

It's also the quickest way to build herd immunity and resistance to the virus as we have done with every other virus since records began.  While not getting fully behind the scam scenario, there do seem to be many inconsistencies in our approach. 

Protect the hospitals (didnt happen until too late)  protect care homes (ditto) ensure vulnerable people at home have locked down (shielding) and allow the rest of society to continue without ruining the economy (oops)

Seeing as 95% of deaths unfortunately came from the most vulnerable sections of the community, then why not let the rest build the resistance so that the virus has nowhere to go, as per the report that ASIL displayed where epidemiologists argue that between 40-50% herd immunity would be enough to halt the virus march into more vulnerable groups?

It's no scam but we have been fed a diet of fear and death for months by the media and incompetence by Governments, only because we haven't witnessed a global pandemic for decades - but this isn't the first. 

Possibly. But that was the point in flattening the curve.  Going for herd immunity was modelled as having such a high death toll thst nobody could support it as a realistic strategy to get over the immediate crisis. 

30 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Doctor or not I am trying to communicate to you that there is no problem. There is statistically, and realistically NO problem. There is a virus which is no more deadly than the seasonal flu. This has been apparent since month two. One billion people contracted the flu last year, world wide. 99.5% of which were either asymptomatic or felt like crap for a week, and then moved on with their lives. 

The elderly die from flu, herd immunity is a natural course of things, masks (especially cloth masks) are filthy germ farms, latex gloves are the same. Your immune system is STRENGTHENED through contact with the outside world...this virus ( and most respiratory viruses) is killed almost immediately in direct sun light.

Stop watching the idiot box....and stop listening to those criminals in your government. They are lying to you. 

You’re some laugh, I’ll give you that.  ?

1 minute ago, stewarty said:

Possibly. But that was the point in flattening the curve.  Going for herd immunity was modelled as having such a high death toll thst nobody could support it as a realistic strategy to get over the immediate crisis. 

It would only have a high death toll if we dithered in locking down the hospitals and care homes, so because it was already rife then no we couldn't do it then.

But now, we could. 

7 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

How about for comparison the great flu epidemic which developed after WW1? No vaccine then as now.

Think you have to remember that the world population was under 2billion back then compared  to nearly 8 billion today. 

36 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Pity no one told the Swedes.