The latest Chinese virus

28 minutes ago, compo said:

As it's all the chinks fault I say we the yanks and the frogs get our subs off their coast and unleash the full arsenal down on them and or keep a few for Facebook and the useless world health organization. 

Certainly the WHO has badly let down everyone during nations time of need. It has been left floundering, allowing the Chinese CP to bury the truth. There should be an inquiry and everyone in the top echelons should stand down or be removed. 

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

More common to just do it in the street where you live then?  

Maybe in The Gallowgate. I wouldn't know. 

Do you still tim the chanties into the street in Gardy Loo City?

3 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Cases were down yesterday than the day before and if it is the indian variant then that has been allowed to enter in the last few weeks and people arriving have obvioulsy not been following the rules and enforcement has not happened. I think it entirely possible to have herd immunity and yet cases rising in certain communities when vaccination rates are lower, multigenerational households exist and large numbers have returned from India to those areas. There is no increase in Kent and i'd suggest they are still fairly localised. 

It doesn't matter how you slice the salami, either there is herd immunity or there isn't and my point is that you cannot have herd immunity and at the same time have sharply rising infections. That is impossible.

24 minutes ago, Bill said:

you cannot have herd immunity and at the same time have sharply rising infections.

Herd immunity, like everything else, is racist and only works on certain variants.

32 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Do you still tim the chanties into the street in Gardy Loo City

Not that I'm aware of.

40 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Do you still tim the chanties into the street in Gardy Loo City?

You can’t expect Gonzo to know that. I doubt if he ever goes to Morningside or Barnton

20 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Herd immunity, like everything else, is racist and only works on certain variants.

The way certain ethnicities have shunned vaccines does make me think there's quite a heavy racist element in their decision making. 

6 hours ago, Bill said:

It doesn't matter how you slice the salami, either there is herd immunity or there isn't and my point is that you cannot have herd immunity and at the same time have sharply rising infections. That is impossible.

I would say that we have herd immunity based on the scientific view from April/May 2020 when they were saying that 50-60% of the population would have needed to have had Covid to achieve it and that was without the 40m 1st and 25m 2nd vaccinations. Estimates from the Manchester Uni who have been tracking reported and non reported estimates say that between 20m - 25m cases. Not just the 4.5m since they have been tracking.

Cases may fluctuate between those declining vaccination and younger age groups not yet vaccinated but we will see 

A bigger question is how so many people were allowed back from India and have subsequently flouted the rules. My son recently back from Eastern Europe (amber country) has had a call every day and two tests during his 10 days isolation that he had to pay for - how come so many in the North West clearly haven't?  

Now they are saying we have the Nepal variation on the horizon what's needed is the Edinburgh variant were they will say to you, you will  have had your virus then .