The latest Chinese virus

On 28/11/2021 at 11:29, ian1964 said:

Botswana is an interesting metric for COVID related deaths. Around 20% of adults in Botswana have HIV. One would assume this group would be majorly at risk of COVID. Would be interesting to know which % of the deaths there due to COVID were infected adults. The fact you have produced statistics which show the death rate there is currently minimal is interesting due to a large portion of the population being at risk.

Headlines from Reuters state that there could be 6k in ICU by Christmas and there fewer beds available due to a shortage of nurses. There were 67k reported cases yesterday and 442 deaths. Scientists have criticised the Govt for its slow response, despite them retaining many controls since the summer. 

Where could this be?

It is in Remainer wet dream land of Germany, where they together with France challenged the efficacy of the AstraZeneca vaccine on purely political grounds which led to millions refusing to take it and wait longer for the Pfizer variant which led to much slower rates of double vaccinations after an already botched start. 

I just wished so many of the remainer ellite did follow through on their promise of moving to Europe and see the current situation first hand. 

Just now, compo said:

Makes me wonder what's going to happen to them that refuse .

Limitations on travel and things you can do, I'd imagine.

Death rate is still sitting at 0.019%.  I'm more scared of slipping on ice.