Ongoing retail issues: RFC to sue Elite (Updated 14/02/20)

18 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I read somewhere we were now due 2.5 million from Elite/Hummel?

That's correct. It's the money for this season's sales. 

However there's a suggestion that Elite now have a partnership with SD and won't pay us without a struggle as they're being influenced by them. 

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

That's correct. It's the money for this season's sales. 

However there's a suggestion that Elite now have a partnership with SD and won't pay us without a struggle as they're being influenced by them. 

BD was the original deal with Jabba not 7 years long? What's the situation, are we still tied to that or does he have us shackled to another one? The elite deal looks like we are screwed as it appears has just bought them or a big share them? Have I got that wrong?  

14 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

BD was the original deal with Jabba not 7 years long? What's the situation, are we still tied to that or does he have us shackled to another one? The elite deal looks like we are screwed as it appears has just bought them or a big share them? Have I got that wrong?  

7 years' notice had to be given on the original deal. 

However the current board of directors negotiated a clusterfuck of a new contract which superseded the old contract. This is the one which has been subject to the ongoing court case where SD are kicking our butts. 

This court case is ongoing with both parties suing each other and won't be heard until 2021, and probably won't be finalised long after that. 

Separate to that, we entered into another contract with Elite and Hummel for this season, which Elite are refusing to pay us, which is why we were in court this week. 

It seems that we're going to have to deal with SD next season, I think. 

Confused?  Yeah, me too. 

The only thing I'm not confused about is that the more we try and sort out our retail, the bigger hole we seem to get into. 

36 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

Was that from one of the court cases? 

Yes, see post 6.

36 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

What was the original link to Elite? Was it thru Hummel or elsewhere?

Not 100% sure, but think they are an approved partner of Hummel, but not sure what came first.