[FT] Rangers 0 - 0 Aberdeen

I don’t understand the idea from so many Rangers fans that Celtic have had the more difficult opening since the break, Killie, Ross C, St J, Accies, Mwell...where is the difficult game there? They couldn’t have handpicked it better for them, we’ve had Hearts away, Aberdeen and Hibs to come on Wed.

Just now, scotty said:

I don’t understand the idea from so many Rangers fans that Celtic have had the more difficult opening since the break, Killie, Ross C, St J, Accies, Mwell...where is the difficult game there? They couldn’t have handpicked it better for them, we’ve had Hearts away, Aberdeen and Hibs to come on Wed.

They weren't difficult earlier in the season though. Our toughest opponent is ourselves at the moment IMO. 

PS.I bloody hate the winter break...

3 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Indeed. Remarked on this before, yet, as long as we win games, who would argue with SG? We could easily switch to "3" at the back and throw another MF or striker on, not least when the opposition essentially has no existent attacking threat. BTW, "3" does not really mean 3 central defenders. In recent games we saw how often Goldson went forward or acted as someone to spray passes and get people going. His ball towards Morelos yesterday was quality stuff. It is more like a DM dropping a little deeper and assist the 2 CHs.

Still, I reckon Hagi can provide a spark that we lack, the return of Stewart may bring a different option to the right ... IF SG agrees that Ojo's quality come too sporadic to validate his frequent starts / games.

We should start Stewart on Wed.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

We should be beating an average Aberdeen side at Ibrox.  

Blaming the fixture list is embarrassing.

Wasn’t blaming it what I said was I couldn’t understand why so many of our fans thought they had a more difficult schedule, just because they have a few away, but there easy away matches, but no just assume that I am blaming it on the schedule.

3 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Indeed. Remarked on this before, yet, as long as we win games, who would argue with SG? We could easily switch to "3" at the back and throw another MF or striker on, not least when the opposition essentially has no existent attacking threat. BTW, "3" does not really mean 3 central defenders. In recent games we saw how often Goldson went forward or acted as someone to spray passes and get people going. His ball towards Morelos yesterday was quality stuff. It is more like a DM dropping a little deeper and assist the 2 CHs.

Still, I reckon Hagi can provide a spark that we lack, the return of Stewart may bring a different option to the right ... IF SG agrees that Ojo's quality come too sporadic to validate his frequent starts / games.

Not sure tbh. Prior to Christmas we were flowing with these players and this set up. I would try to play our way through this mini blip and avoid radically changing the line up in order to find a solution

56 minutes ago, scotty said:

Two tough matches since the break and surprise surprise no win,  here’s an idea Stevie, maybe put on Kamberi for Kent  at some point, no imagination.

For Kent???? how about KAmara/Aribo and before using ONo.

I think Aribo has shown undoubted talent but he needs to impose himself more in a match.  

I'm not a huge fan of Kamara, I think he's quite slack in possession.  I would rather a midfield of Jack, Davis and Arfield/Aribo than any with Kamara in it.

5 hours ago, der Berliner said:

We will not see any matches started in this way.

We will see Helander re-introduced though and his passing makes a difference.