Never Been More Proud to be British

28 minutes ago, stewarty said:

I have no issue with anyone expressing their Britishness, but the spectacle in the parliament was unedifying and embarrassing.   As for the bollox to Brexit t-shirts, so what?  They're entitle to their view too. 

So it wasn't unedifying or embarrassing?  Double standards methinks. 

2 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Context is king.  

You had a parliament of 27 nations lament the loss of a partner nation, despite all that has happened in the last few years whilst Farage and Co give it the metaphorical GIRUY.  

On the other, you have individuals expressing their views, albeit through a pretty silly t shirt I would agree.  But they’re not elected parliamentarians and have the same right to express their views as Anyone else.  

The contrast couldn’t be more stark and there is no contradiction in my mind. 

5 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Context is king.  

You had a parliament of 27 nations lament the loss of a partner nation, despite all that has happened in the last few years whilst Farage and Co give it the metaphorical GIRUY.  

On the other, you have individuals expressing their views, albeit through a pretty silly t shirt I would agree.  But they’re not elected parliamentarians and have the same right to express their views as Anyone else.  

The contrast couldn’t be more stark and there is no contradiction in my mind. 

Hmmm, not sure about that. Farage and Co (not elected parliamentarians either) are entitled to celebrate in any way they seem fit. The 27 nations are lamenting, but its lamenting the loss of the 11bn more than anything else. With the third largest net contributor leaving the sect, they will all be paying more into the pot and there will be much less for future bailouts al la Greece. 

3 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Hmmm, not sure about that. Farage and Co (not elected parliamentarians either) are entitled to celebrate in any way they seem fit. The 27 nations are lamenting, but its lamenting the loss of the 11bn more than anything else. With the third largest net contributor leaving the sect, they will all be paying more into the pot and there will be much less for future bailouts al la Greece. 

Go listen to what they said.   11bn is just a fraction of the money they control.  The real cost is the damage to trade.  They will protect the single market at all costs.  They would prefer us to be with them

24 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Its a little different when those like Farage were sitting in official positions in the Parliament.

That said, I found his speech amusing more than anything.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Remain MEPs had half and half scarves on.  Cringeworthy. 

Playground stuff from sore losers.

When I was a kid they drummed into us that knowing how to lose with dignity was a mark of true character. Clearly "character" is in short supply among retainers. And they're going to continue this whining for a good while yet. The call to rejoin the EU, utter futile bollocks though it may be, will sustain some remoaners for years to come.