Never Been More Proud to be British

Everyone from the big island is British.  It's a geographical term more than anything.  Much like we're all European.

The original Britons were in Wales (according to genetic research) but the Romans took the name for the whole lot.  Its etymology comes from the Brittonic word 'Pritani'.

14 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Being classified as British due to conditions out with my control doesn't mean I'm proud to be British. Have never thought of myself as British. Have never called myself British. And never will

Anyway, enjoy listening to Big Ben bong or whatever else is happening ✌

Oh dear! you are British though, there is no doubt about it, you have always been British.

Just now, ian1964 said:

Oh dear! you are British though, there is no doubt about it, you have always been British.

Oh dear what? The topic is about being proud to be British, not about what it would say on my passport. I stated I was not proud to be British. Never have been because I have never classified myself as British. I'm just being honest. If people are proud to British, fair play to them. That's their perogative. I'm not. Or do you think we should all think and feel the same way?

35 minutes ago, les186 said:

"Mussolini" will be taking Italy out of the EU then invading Ethiopia. The major aim of the EU is to maintain peace and unity in Europe, if it fragments then we will all suffer. I don't understand this offence at Jonnie Foreigner telling us what to do, that's not my impression of the EU.

Plus I'll have to pay 7 Euros for a Visa next year to go on my Spanish holiday ?

I thought that wAs NATO. Y’know, the alliance most EU countries leave America to pay for. 

27 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Being classified as British due to conditions out with my control doesn't mean I'm proud to be British. Have never thought of myself as British. Have never called myself British. And never will

Anyway, enjoy listening to Big Ben bong or whatever else is happening ✌

IMG_2412.JPG

4 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Oh dear what? The topic is about being proud to be British, not about what it would say on my passport. I stated I was not proud to be British. Never have been because I have never classified myself as British. I'm just being honest. If people are proud to British, fair play to them. That's their perogative. I'm not. Or do you think we should all think and feel the same way?

I just don't understand why British people deny being British?.

45 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I just don't understand why British people deny being British?.

Might have something to do with the fact that Britain is not a country. Maybe people associate more with the actual country they live in and have more social, cultural and historical ties with that particular country (as opposed to a Union of member countries). Seems quite logical to me if some people feel more English, Welsh or Scottish as opposed to "British".

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I thought that wAs NATO. Y’know, the alliance most EU countries leave America to pay for. 

I don't think waving a sword about is the way to maintain peace. Lets leave demented Donald Trump out of it.

3 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Might have something to do with the fact that Britain is not a country. 

What a load of desperate old tosh. Would it help with your pedantry if we called it the United Kingdom.

3 minutes ago, les186 said:

I don't think waving a sword about is the way to maintain peace. Lets leave demented Donald Trump out of it.

Only you mentioned Trump. Have you been waiting long for the opportunity? ?

Edited by Bill