Never Been More Proud to be British

6 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Not really. It's a simple fact. 

I thought this man's statement of facts was very revealing ...

‘I'm an Ulsterman, of planter stock. I was born in the island of Ireland, so secondarily I'm an Irishman. I was born in the British archipelago and English is my native tongue, so I am British. The British archipelago consists of offshore islands to the continent of Europe, so I'm European. This is my hierarchy of values and so far as I am concerned, anyone who omits one step in that sequence of values is falsifying the situation.’

John Hewitt

In the current climate, where biological sex can be dismissed so easily, it's unlikely someone will be held to geographical account, when identifying their community/nationality etc.  

"This week, I identify as a Mongolian New Yorker, despite hailing from the Scottish Borders.".  

Do you think the Remain MEPs will be selling their half and half scarves on ebay yet?

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

In the current climate, where biological sex can be dismissed so easily, it's unlikely someone will be held to geographical account, when identifying their community/nationality etc.  

"This week, I identify as a Mongolian New Yorker, despite hailing from the Scottish Borders.".  

Do you think the Remain MEPs will be selling their half and half scarves on ebay yet?

Why not go all out and be transgender as well that's the in thing theses day's 

16 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Being classified as British due to conditions out with my control doesn't mean I'm proud to be British. Have never thought of myself as British. Have never called myself British. And never will

Anyway, enjoy listening to Big Ben bong or whatever else is happening ✌

And yet you support a British club? Rangers are proud to be British and always will be. 

It's strange, you sound like any one i've ever met from the other lot across town.

It's quite sad really.  

1 hour ago, ChelseaBoy said:

And yet you support a British club? Rangers are proud to be British and always will be. 

It's strange, you sound like any one i've ever met from the other lot across town.

It's quite sad really.  

The pity is, he’s not alone. 

I was involved in an online discussion elsewhere regarding Brexit, earlier today and an American basically called me a Nazi because I admitted I voted Leave (I mentioned Rousseau's essays on sovereignty and my disdain for bureaucracy, whilst doing so).

I suspect Trump and the Tories will continue to win elections, if that's the standard of debate from the more 'progressive' side.