Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Never Been More Proud to be British

9 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Your'e a strange one. I've never heard anyone making the points you do in the pub before a game, during games or afterwards. 

You have political debates during a football game? And I'm the strange one?

I take it you don't go to football much?  Certainly before and after the game and it has been known for people to chat at half time........

12 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Well 1.1m voted for Brexit back in 2016 and 1.2m voted for the SNP in 2019 compared with 1.5m voting for union supporting parties, so i would say that there is little evidence that many people with a background supporting Rangers actually voted SNP, apart from a few malcontents.  

I don't know how many Rangers supporters voted SNP and neither do you.

That's right, but the headline figures don't back up the assertion that more than a handful crossed that line at all as more people backed other parties just as they have always done.  

2 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Well 1.1m voted for Brexit back in 2016 and 1.2m voted for the SNP in 2019 compared with 1.5m voting for union supporting parties, so i would say that there is little evidence that many people with a background supporting Rangers actually voted SNP, apart from a few malcontents.  

So basically an opinion as opposed to anything tangible and based on hard facts. Let's face it, you don't have a clue how many Rangers fans voted SNP. No one does. Unless there has been some official questionnaire amongst the hundreds of thousands of Rangers fans I've missed? 

At the end of the day, does it really matter who any fans voted for? That is their personal and private choice. It has nothing to do with you or I. Rangers are a football team forged by 4 young guys who had dreamt big 150 years ago. They are not and should never be seen as some sort of sporting extension of a political party or idealogy. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

2 hours ago, les186 said:

I don't know how many Rangers supporters voted SNP and neither do you.

I know how many.

Not many and too many.

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

I know how many.

Not many and too many.

Nonsense, Bill.  I always hear folk around me saying, "It's 2020!", "Saor Alba!" and "How archaic.", when Rule Britannia and GSTQ are sung at Rangers matches.

🤣

13 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

So basically an opinion as opposed to anything tangible and based on hard facts. Let's face it, you don't have a clue how many Rangers fans voted SNP. No one does. Unless there has been some official questionnaire amongst the hundreds of thousands of Rangers fans I've missed? 

At the end of the day, does it really matter who any fans voted for? That is their personal and private choice. It has nothing to do with you or I. Rangers are a football team forged by 4 young guys who had dreamt big 150 years ago. They are not and should never be seen as some sort of sporting extension of a political party or idealogy. 

Don't quote history, as we all know it. It's the future that i'm looking.  I suggest a tiny amount of the hundreds of thousands you quote, that much is clear to anyone who understands the size of the Scottish electorate and the results...it's not rocket science to see that. 

Don't expect an easy ride if you make the statements about Britain while supporting a British club.

You are one of a very small minority thankfully. 

On 31/01/2020 at 17:50, ChelseaBoy said:

Really, more depressing than those so called Liberals in their "bollox to Brexit" tee shirts?  

Then again, the left have always been queasy about Britishness and people's right to express it. 

I'm unsure why being anti-Brexit means you're "left" or that you're "queasy about Britishness".

It's a similar attitude to the separatists who claim that Scottishness is measured by your support for independence, or that the saltire is a badge of independence.

My "Britishness" has nothing to do with whether I'm pro- or anti-Brexit, and it's sad that people are trying to equate the two.