Why are Rangers so silent on refereeing inconsistencies?

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

Irrespective of what happened after the initial statement, the failure to follow up on it as stated is unforgivable. The expectation of a further communication was of the club’s making alone and was directed at the support. Even if it was only to say “nothing to report”, the failure to follow up only serves to reinforce the growing opinion that the management of the club is weak and it’s respect for the fans is very thin indeed. Just not good enough.

I am assuming the club has complained and is in ongoing discussions regarding the issues raised because the alternative is not acceptable.  Either way they should have given an update - they are their own worst enemy at times.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Irrespective of what happened after the initial statement, the failure to follow up on it as stated is unforgivable. The expectation of a further communication was of the club’s making alone and was directed at the support. Even if it was only to say “nothing to report”, the failure to follow up only serves to reinforce the growing opinion that the management of the club is weak and it’s respect for the fans is very thin indeed. Just not good enough.

Irritating, but not unforgivable. I do expect the club will voice its concern with the SFA and its refs regularly, but most likely not in public. Nor will it announce any reply it gets from the SFA et al in public either. Which obviously leaves us with no info whatsoever. This is actually a point the supporters liason guy should work on, i.e. relate our concerns directly to the club and then tell about replies.

Not that we've been saying this since about forever ... i.e. the concerns with the refereeing standards and impartialities.

35 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Irritating, but not unforgivable. I do expect the club will voice its concern with the SFA and its refs regularly, but most likely not in public. Nor will it announce any reply it gets from the SFA et al in public either. Which obviously leaves us with no info whatsoever. This is actually a point the supporters liason guy should work on, i.e. relate our concerns directly to the club and then tell about replies.

Not that we've been saying this since about forever ... i.e. the concerns with the refereeing standards and impartialities.

That isn't the issue here.  The issue is that the club said it would release another statement after that weekend.... but have been silent.

To be fair, he's not that kind of player....

Interesting trend isn't it. Michael Stewart uses his position on Sportscene to set the tone of the debate around those kinds of incidents. That's two blatantly deliberate stamps on players from Griffiths and Michael Stewart plays it down and shuts down the debate before it can get going. The worst thing is those incidents are unprovoked. Morelos retaliates, whether that is to McKenna barging him off the ball or Scott Brown raking his studs down the back of his ankle off the ball, and Michael Stewarts whips the press up into a frenzy.

That's not to mention the referees. Griffiths doesn't get booked for the Aberdeen stamp. That's the game Cosgrove for sent off in when he won the ball. Griffiths doesn't get booked for the Hamilton one either (we can only assume his booked was for the aftermath given that's what Gogic was booked for). Again this was in a game a Hamilton player did get sent off after Griffiths fell down from very minimal contact. Of course he escapes a second booking later for clear dive too.

1 hour ago, craig said:

That isn't the issue here.  The issue is that the club said it would release another statement after that weekend.... but have been silent.

Yep, that's the whole point. 

Michael Stewart despises Rangers because he didn't make the grade, as a player and because he's one of those bitter, bitter ScotNat creatures who would prefer Rangers FC to have gone out of existence in 2011, due to his political outlook.

Edited by Gonzo79

58 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Aye, but they did.  Even if Morelos never said it, there is absolutely no doubt that someone from the stands shouted "black bastard" at Morelos - and one of their own ST holders confirmed it.