Why are Rangers so silent on refereeing inconsistencies?

4 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Once again Celtic have seized the initiative and now control the narrative in the press.  Despite evidence that their fans were racially abusing Morelos, they've now managed to get Sky to make a public apology which then implies it didn't happen.  At the same time Griffiths is in the press saying that these silly charges are ruining football.  This is from the man who stamped on a player and didn't actually get a charge for it.  The brass neck of that organisation is incredible, but it's working.  We can say what we want about how they go about their business.  It may be despicable, underhand and bordering on corrupt, but they're getting away with it.  It is making a big difference to the points in this championship and yet still our club remains silent.

I am beyond sick and tired of the refereeing performances.  I think we all are.  I always defended the club's approach of a combination of dignified silence and behind closed doors challenges.  ITS NOT WORKING!  In fact, the referees are now not only above reproach but they now appear to be flaunting it.  Some of the treatment of our players is disgusting and yet there's nothing we seem willing to do about it.  These last few games have pushed a patient man to the point of despair.  Openly criticising referees and challenging this in the press cannot do us any more harm than we are already experiencing, so I wish we'd start it now.  This board really is not performing and I'm sick of it.  It seems we have madmen in charge, afterall they do say that madness is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result.  Nothing is changing for the better, in fact I think it's getting much worse.

Agreed. However be careful as continually raising refs cheating and the clubs continued ''dignified silence'' apparently it becomes boring for some, yawn!. ?

3 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Agreed. However be careful as continually raising refs cheating and the clubs continued ''dignified silence'' apparently it becomes boring for some, yawn!. ?

Petty, I wouldn't even expect a child to post that :rolleyes:

It'd be good to know that the club are working on this behind the scenes but if they are, it's having no positive impact.

I feel highlighting the more ridiculous decisions publicly would be worthwhile (the Morelos vs Hulk Hogan match last night would be a good example).  

I don't know what "behind the scenes" even means. I've seen that alluded to several times but there's really only dealing with it or not dealing with it. I couldn't give a shit about how they go about it, only whether or not they achieve results and right now it's beyond obvious that those running the club are achieving the square root of fuck all. The rest is just piss and wind.

Edited by Bill

Disciplinary Tribunal Update | Michael Beale, Team Staff, Rangers FC

Thursday 6 February 2020

Alleged Party in Breach: Michael Beale, Team Staff, Rangers FC

Match: Celtic FC v Rangers FC

Date: Sunday 29 December 2019

Competition: Scottish Premiership 

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 203 – No member of Team Staff shall commit Misconduct at a match.

Principal hearing date: Thursday 6 February 2020 

Outcome: Suspension of 5 matches applied as follows: 3 matches immediate and 2 matches suspended until the End of Season 2019/20

Thursday 6 February 2020

Alleged Party in Breach: Thomas Culshaw, Team Staff, Rangers FC

Match: Hibernian FC v Rangers FC

Date: Friday 20 December 2019

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 203 – No member of Team Staff shall commit Misconduct at a match.

Outcome: Suspension of 2 matches applied as follows: 1 match immediate and 1 match suspended until the End of Season 2019/20

Disciplinary Tribunal Update | John Potter, Team Staff, Hibernian FC

Thursday 6 February 2020

Alleged Party in Breach: John Potter, Team Staff, Hibernian FC

Outcome: Censure

Thursday 6 February 2020

Alleged Party in Breach: Hibernian FC

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 204 - All Clubs and recognised football bodies shall procure that its officials, Team Staff, employees and players conduct themselves in an orderly fashion at all times during and/or after a match. In particular, Clubs and recognised football bodies are responsible for ensuring that its officials, Team Staff, employees and players refrain from any one or a combination of the following: (a) becoming involved in a confrontation (b) conduct that is likely to lead to or to exacerbate or prolong a hostile or argumentative situation with players and/or team staff from the opposing team and/or match officials (c) conduct that may otherwise incite disorder.

Outcome: Censure. £1500 fine suspended until End of Season 2019/20.

Thursday 6 February 2020

Alleged Party in Breach: Rangers FC

Charge 1:

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 204 - All Clubs and recognised football bodies shall procure that its officials, Team Staff, employees and players conduct themselves in an orderly fashion at all times during and/or after a match. In particular, Clubs and recognised football bodies are responsible for ensuring that its officials, Team Staff, employees and players refrain from any one or a combination of the following: (a) becoming involved in a confrontation (b) conduct that is likely to lead to or to exacerbate or prolong a hostile or argumentative situation with players and/or team staff from the opposing team and/or match officials (c) conduct that may otherwise incite disorder.

Charge 2:  

Match: Celtic FC v Rangers FC

Date: Sunday 29 December 2019

Principal hearing date: Thursday 6 February 2020 - adjourned to later date

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/