Rangers 2 - 1 Hibernian (Edmundson 45; Hagi 83)

Too bad that Jack was out, methinks he controlled the last games vs Hibs better than we did yesterday. He also strides forward every now and then.

As for Hagi, I see him more as a "threat" to Davis once Jack is back in action. He'd probably play further up the field too, while balls from the deep come from Goldson and Jack.

1 hour ago, RabiDuck said:

Interesting, I've had similar thoughts.  I see similarities with Lovenkrands in him.  Plenty of pace and ability, but possibly wasted put out on the wing.  BRing him into the middle and let him run at defenders and see where he gets to...

I am less sure that bringing Kent onto the middle would be successful.  Most of the teams we play are loaded in the middle and I am not sure that there would be the space for Kent to excel.  Instead, I think he is more likely to be caught in possession and thus our attack will be stopped.  On a number of occasions Kent does come in off the side to the centre but I tend to feel when he does this he is dribbling across the field and there is  a lack of penetration.  Where I do agree, is that later in games when teams are becoming stretched Kent has more space in the middle and can then run at defenders with more chance of going past them and not being stopped by another defender immediately behind the first defender. 

I think we can have some success if Kent is to the left of centre as long as he works in tandem with Barisic.  I would like to see Barisic on occasion playing balls into the left channel for Kent to capitalise on.

32 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

I am less sure that bringing Kent onto the middle would be successful

He already plays in the middle but he has never looked comfortable there. He doesn't have the skillset. He wants too many touches and wants to dribble all the time, if there's no space to dribble he'll just pass the ball back where it came from or lose it. He's ball turnover stats are very high. A player who is natural centrally has good vision and passing ability which enables him to move the ball quickly and pass through teams. I still think Kent's most natural position is the right wing, where he can focus on hitting the byline. Leave the intricate stuff to those who have that skillset.

21 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Some of the play in the 2nd half was up there with December.  Let's hope the team are going to continue with that level of urgency.

They can't afford not! we have no room for any more dropped points so they will need to be at it if they want to seriously challenge for the title.

Decent enough performance last night, especially in 2nd half. Both goals really well taken and Hibs scored with their only really clear cut opportunity (McGregor should have done better).

Once again some very strange refereeing decisions against us last night. Someone more paranoid than me might say that these decisions are more than a coincidence ?