RANGERS have completed the signing of American international DaMarcus Beasley on a three-year contract, subject to a work permit.

The winger jetted into Scotland this morning to finalise his move from Dutch side PSV Eindhoven and will be granted a short holiday before rejoining the squad for the trip to Germany on July 12.

Fresh from helping the USA to glory in the Gold Cup last weekend, Beasley is Walter Smith's fifth summer signing and joins for an undisclosed fee.

He becomes the second American to sign for the Light Blues, following in the footsteps of former international captain Claudio Reyna.

Naturally a left-sided player, the midfielder is renowned for his hard working attitude and exceptional speed.

Comfortable with the ball at his feet, the 25-year-old is also famed for his ability to cut through defences with his mazy runs.

It was Guus Hiddink who first brought Beasley to Europe when he paid $2.5million to the MLS to conclude a deal from Chigaco Fire.

He played an integral part in helping Eindhoven win the title in his first season, while they also qualified for the semi-finals of the Champions League.

Last season the former LA Galaxy star developed his game further with a season-long loan spell in the Premiership with Manchester City and is delighted to be staying in the UK with Rangers.

Beasley has already notched over 60 caps for the USA and played in two World Cups.

Think this is a great signing , has been a very busy day at Murray Park

Welcome Beasley.

Smith seems to think he has lighting pace - exactly what we need on the wing!

He can be a really good player sometimes but i worry about him being another who blows hot and cold and most of all being injury prone. Let's hope he opens a new chapter and proves me wrong.

Welcome Beasley.

Smith seems to think he has lighting pace - exactly what we need on the wing!

We need more than just pace. We need the ability to cross, the ability to beat a defender or two, the ability to track back and the ability to finish. Time will tell - after the last few years of 'high-quality' signings I'm beind a miserable cunt until I actually see performances on the pitch!

Sounds like he could be the player Lovenkrands never was for us...

He has far better ball control than Lovenkrands, Beasly can at least stop the ball. I can't really remember how he is at crossing the ball but big Vinegar sure scored plenty with the head at PSV