[FT] Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Rangers (Arfield 32)

In the first half Kent had two Killie players in front of him and what he needed was Halliday going on the overlap as Borna does.  The result being that Kent was largely ineffective and too often cut inside and ran into a congested area.  I felt Hagi was fine in the first half but fell out of the game in the second half.  He looks a skilful player but we shouldn't expect too much from him but more from others round him.  Tavenier got himself into good positions offensively but his crossing was very poor.  He needs to try and play in an earlier ball behind the defence for forwards to run onto.  Morelos simply looks off form.  I also think that defenders have wised up to the fact that he likes to roll them and now position themselves to avoid this.  In the early part of the season Jack used to run games but lately he has not been quite as influential.  Finally the substitutions came too late.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

BTW, Polster would also have added a bit of trickery to our right wing, as Tav once more toiled along and hardly put a decent cross in.

I think you're spot on there and to be honest I couldn't see any justification in dropping Edmundson either.

7 hours ago, Bill said:

I think you're spot on there and to be honest I couldn't see any justification in dropping Edmundson either.

I don't think he was dropped, I think Gerrard is just trying to give both young centre backs game time.

Really disappointed in the players' lack of belief alongside a lack of adaptability from the coaching staff last night. Means other teams feel they can have a go and we struggle to react.

We've been poor as a group in 2020 but our inability to react to other teams' tactics & our own missing/off-form players means we've looked impotent for most of our fixtures this year. If we don't address this major fault it's going to cost us more points. Lots of work ahead!

4 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Really disappointed in the players' lack of belief alongside a lack of adaptability from the coaching staff last night. Means other teams feel they can have a go and we struggle to react.

We've been poor as a group in 2020 but our inability to react to other teams' tactics & our own missing/off-form players means we've looked impotent for most of our fixtures this year. If we don't address this major fault it's going to cost us more points. Lots of work ahead!

The coaching staff seem confident that their version of the 443 is the only way   but it would be nice to see us playing two out and out strikers with say our best att6hzlf back behind them 

Just now, compo said:

The coaching staff seem confident that their version of the 443 is the only way   but it would be nice to see us playing two out and out strikers with say our best att6hzlf back behind them 

The 4-3-2-1 we've used this season has worked well but teams have got wise to it and we've struggled this year without showing any effort to go to, for example, a 3-5-2 which is working well for Celtic.

As such we're too reliant on Morelos and the wing backs.  With Alfie and Tav off-form, Barisic missing and Halliday just not good enough, we lack any sort of reliable quality and threat.

Doing Plan A better doesn't work and we should have learned that lesson long before now.

Shocking performance, hard to give any players credit. Katic was OK I thought.  I'm sure I could count on one hand how many forward passes Halliday made;  I don't really care if he's Rangers through and through, I'd rather see one of the kids come though and play left back if that was there natural position.

Tav and Morelos were shite yet again.  Why the stupid dive?  Aribo poor.  I guess we could all go on.  SG not making any excuses in the interview after and taking responsibility.  It would be nice if some of the players did too.

Shocking ref yet agaion but come to expect that now.

18 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Exactly, I highlighted this in my thread a few weeks ago. I said our starting 11 have shown themselves to be good enough to win the league but we don't cope when we lose key men. Every game we have dropped points we have had key men missing. Jack and Morelos missed big ones too, including earlier in the season.

Edited by DMAA