[FT] Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Rangers (Arfield 32)

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I feel we lack runners off the ball.

Our front line is far too static, so even if we do get Hagi, Aribo and/or Kent in good positions, in between the lines, there's no one to pass to, there's no movement. 

We need runners in the channel, overlapping full-backs, our Defensive-midfielders (and Centre-backs, to be fair) breaking the lines by carrying the ball past a player etc. 

The fundamental problem is the number of touches players take before moving it on.

Nobody will move if nobody will pass.

Aribo never controlled Hagi's pass last night because he never imagined he would receive one so soon.

Need to hope that the teams gets on Hagi's wavelength rather than the other way around.

39 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Agreed. My only hope is that the games prior to that game seem somewhat kinder to us (on paper). Hopefully Aberdeen or Livi can do us a favour and even come up with a draw? Draws are as good as defeats in tight race

I'm clutching tbh...

Neither will happen.

Either would bring us back in to it though.

1 minute ago, ranger_syntax said:

Neither will happen.

Either would bring us back in to it though.

Agreed. Simply trying to look ahead and try to see a positive. Last night was utterly depressing as I genuinely thought we'd put ourselves in the box seat after the OF game. Oh well, it must true what they say...it's the hope that kills you

15 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

I dread to think how much we have spent trying to unsuccessfully replace candeias. 

To be fair Greg Stewart’s done ok with the limited time he’s had but the likes of Barker& Ojo have failed miserably 

2 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

To be fair Greg Stewart’s done ok with the limited time he’s had but the likes of Barker& Ojo have failed miserably 

I've been disappointed we haven't seen more of players like Stewart, Polster, Edmundson, Docherty ...... while incessantly giving a shirt to Ojo, Aribo, Kamara, etc. By all means stick with players when we're winning well every week but yesterday was the culmination of a streak of obstinacy that's hard to understand.

3 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

We have dropped 2 points with barasic and tav playing and 14 or so with one or other missing. 

We need better back up at full back. 

We need better players. Some of our players can play very well at times but the mark of a very good player is consistency and we don't have enough of them. Good players cost money and we don't appear to be generating much of that at the moment or producing players through our youth system.