Gerrard should go now

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

One thing has been overlooked. The scum are on an incredible run, if you disregard their game against us.  

It's difficult when your rivals are humping all before them.

They are, but it's made easier when you don't play against 12 men, and even when they're having a bad day, like against Hamilton, the referees helps them out. 

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

One thing has been overlooked. The scum are on an incredible run, if you disregard their game against us.  

It's difficult when your rivals are humping all before them.

Hard to admit, but true. 

I think if you compare our performance this season to theirs last season, then we're ahead, or very close to it.

20 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I take your broader point but you can't legislate for the bad luck we had with injury. Our starting 11 has been torn apart since the 29th.

In the 8 games we've played,

• Helander has missed 8
  • Tavernier has missed 5
  • Jack has missed 4.5
  • Defoe has missed 4
  • Morelos has missed 3
  • Barisic has missed 2

Defoe aside, those are all key members of our starting 11 and the backbone of our team. In the loss to Hearts we were without Helander, Tavernier, Morelos and Jack for 50 mins. That is huge. For the draw to Aberdeen we were without Tavernier and Jack and last night we had less excuse but badly missed Barisic. 

What can be forgotten is that even when you get players back they are not going to be 100% fit and there has been disruption to the line up which will have an impact too.

It might sound like I'm making excuses and I'm not but I think we should cut Gerrard some slack because he has had his starting 11 dismantled by injury and suspensions.

Every side gets injuries DMAA, that's what we've got a squad for (Morelos wasn't injured, he was suspended). Successful sides cope, they have a balanced squad and are able to provide cover. I mean it's not like we were forced to throw in young boys last night, kids with no experience. If we've no cover at full back or upfront then that's fairly damning on it's own. It hurts to type this but Celtic played us in a cup final without a recognised forward on the pitch and still somehow managed to lift the trophy. 

I don't think Gerrard should be sacked, far from it, but I don't accept that injuries are behind this. Last night's side was only missing Barasic and maybe Helander, we should be able to beat Kilmarnock. As for Hearts, frankly, there is no excuse for that defeat, none at all. 

Our performance wasnt great but we lost to a very poor performance from beaton.   Kilies no 8 should gave been sent off  for his outrageous simulation after getting booked. Then they get a goal after a clear hand ball from 1 of their players.  Then we get a perfectly good goal chopped off .

You cant legislate for that.    No manager can.

We've already lost a cup through incompetence of match officials and now it looks like it will cost us the league.   It will cost us the scottish cup as well.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

I'm not sure why that makes Polster better than Tav. Which he is not. 

I didn't see Polster NOT going down the flanks in case of opportunity, NOT putting in dangerous crosses, NOT showing some skill with the ball and outplaying defenders or supporting the defence, midfield or attack. In short, in his 2 full games of late, Polster did not do any worse than Tavernier, in fact, he did not make me miss Tavernier ... despite the commentators at games continued to lament the absence of both Morelos and Tavernier. Of late (sic!), IMHO, the impact Tavernier has on games is hardly worth the furor that is made about him. Hence, why not try something else/different?

9 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I didn't see Polster NOT going down the flanks in case of opportunity, NOT putting in dangerous crosses, NOT showing some skill with the ball and outplaying defenders or supporting the defence, midfield or attack. In short, in his 2 full games of late, Polster did not do any worse than Tavernier, in fact, he did not make me miss Tavernier ... despite the commentators at games continued to lament the absence of both Morelos and Tavernier. Of late (sic!), IMHO, the impact Tavernier has on games is hardly worth the furor that is made about him. Hence, why not try something else/different?

You appear to me to be blinded by your dislike of Tav. 

It was incredible the number of people who, unprompted, said to me that we miss him when he's not in the team (or variations of it) even when Polster was playing.

Tav, to me is superior in every way to Polster, and we miss Tav whenever he's not in the team. You obviously don't see that, so we'll need to agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Hard to admit, but true. 

I think if you compare our performance this season to theirs last season, then we're ahead, or very close to it.

If you look at the actual tables now, we've drawn 2 games more (total 3) and lost 1 more (total 3) in the league. Over the course of 25 games.