Cabinet reshuffle

1 hour ago, les186 said:

Let's all believe in Boris then ?.

I don't think government is judged on religious grounds any more. At least not outside the SNP, where blind faith seems to be crucial.

7 hours ago, les186 said:

If you mean the General Election I don't think Johnston [sic] got a resounding victory in Scotland and neither do a majority in the UK support him, such is the first past the post system.

Sorry mate.

Scotland is part of the United Kingdom and nobody needs a majority of the population to govern.

8 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Sorry mate.

Scotland is part of the United Kingdom and nobody needs a majority of the population to govern.

You need a majority for the Scottish Parliament, which I think is more democratic.

15 hours ago, Bill said:

I don't think government is judged on religious grounds any more. At least not outside the SNP, where blind faith seems to be crucial.

I was using the word "believe" in the sense that should we believe that Johnson will deliver on his election promises....

maybe it would take blind faith to believe in that.

42 minutes ago, les186 said:

I was using the word "believe" in the sense that should we believe that Johnson will deliver on his election promises....

maybe it would take blind faith to believe in that.

I think you're struggling to justify what was a really daft comment. Do you really think I didn't understand what you meant?

Try to disguise your tribalism so that it doesn't come across as just evangelical faith-based cultishness.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I think you're struggling to justify what was a really daft comment. Do you really think I didn't understand what you meant?

Try to disguise your tribalism so that it doesn't come across as just evangelical faith-based cultishness.

Dear me, am I not allowed to cast doubt on Boris?

11 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Sorry mate.

You don't need a majority of the population to govern in Scotland either

For the people who bother to vote the system of proportional representation used in Scotland does reflect a substantially more proportional representation of political views in Scotland than first past the post. You only need look at the last Westminster election and we have all these SNP MPs elected!