[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Livingston (Arfield 59)

Thanks mate.

I've edited the image a wee bit to fix some formatting errors and will publish it to the main site shortly.

FWIW, I think the manager may stick with Katic with a view to the Braga game.  Further, whilst I think the rest of your team looks right, I suspect it will be Aribo making way for Davis as Arfield has arguably been our best player recently so I'd be surprised if he's dropped.

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

Thanks mate.

I've edited the image a wee bit to fix some formatting errors and will publish it to the main site shortly.

FWIW, I think the manager may stick with Katic with a view to the Braga game.  Further, whilst I think the rest of your team looks right, I suspect it will be Aribo making way for Davis as Arfield has arguably been our best player recently so I'd be surprised if he's dropped.

Boo! There's always something I forget. 

You have a point regarding Arfield: he has been good recently and doesn't deserve to be dropped. In that case Jack will take the more central position, I think. It's actually more attacking that way. 

• Frankie changed the title to Fine-tuning our fortunes: Rangers vs Livingston
1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

we need to work on movement on and off the ball; rotations,

Understand what you are saying here but what I think is problem is lack of confidence in passing ability.

Often the ball is with Kamara/Katic who then pass to Goldson who then slows down the game,whereas quite often the pass to Goldson could be straight to Tav who is already moving and has to abort run.

In attack Alf cannot be expected to be main target man as this cuts down his goal-scoring possibilities.

Also our midfield must be more aware of forward runs as too much side-ways passing occurs.

As I said before, time and again, at home against teams that pose no threat, go 3 at the back and 1 DM, the rest should be there to attack and hurt the opposition in their half. Also something I would actually utilize Polster (yes Bluedell, i know ? ), as he can play right-back as well as DM, so can cover that side of a back three in full ... or step into midfield, while Tav would usually and solely be found somewhere in a right attacking slot.

Hence e.g. ... with Stewart and Jones tracking back and Davis being the anchor in midfield. Jack and Polster may step into a more attacking area too, if opportunity arises. 

McGregor

Polster - Goldson - Katic/Edmundson

Jack

Stewart - Davis - Kent - Jones

Morelos - Kamberi

53 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

As I said before, time and again, at home against teams that pose no threat, go 3 at the back and 1 DM, the rest should be there to attack and hurt the opposition in their half. Also something I would actually utilize Polster (yes Bluedell, i know ? ), as he can play right-back as well as DM, so can cover that side of a back three in full ... or step into midfield, while Tav would usually and solely be found somewhere in a right attacking slot.

Hence e.g. ... with Stewart and Jones tracking back and Davis being the anchor in midfield. Jack and Polster may step into a more attacking area too, if opportunity arises. 

McGregor

Polster - Goldson - Katic/Edmundson

Jack

Stewart - Davis - Kent - Jones

Morelos - Kamberi

Not sure about that team.  Feels too narrow and would require the Stewart and Jones to work back more often which would negate their attacking threat.   

I was saying to a colleague that we need to be giving more of the fringe players more regular minutes so that they are ready and able to effect change when they are called upon. 

A lot of the good work we do tends to stem from the way the team starts games.  Tempo and pressing are the two things that signal our intent and get the crowd on site.  Both of which have been lacking for large spells since the January break.

Stewart has to be given starts IMO.  Not just because he has a quality surname.  I'm not under any illusions that he's some sort of panacea, but we can all see he adds something different.   So for me the challenge is how Gerrard can adapt his preferred system to suit different situations.