[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Livingston (Arfield 59)

10 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

The ref didn't give it because of the rain. 

Apparently the rules are weather dependent 

And Rangers dependent, based on the evidence of the last few games.

Edited by Doc

On 16/02/2020 at 19:15, the gunslinger said:

Katic was all over the place today. 

I felt it was unfair to drop Edmundson after only two games. He hasn’t had the opportunity to prove himself that Katic has and he’s so much better on the ball. 

Kent seems undroppable. I’ve said since early last season he’s the most overrated player at Ibrox. He can contribute plenty at Ibrox but he’s nowhere near the player so many made out he was, he has always been lacking technically. 

On a more positive note, Livingston’s back line breaks shape once and Hagi instantly punishes them. It’s great to have a player with his vision and passing ability at Rangers. 

Edited by DMAA

15 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Morelos has gone from a player who could potentially reach a fee of 30 million to a player who looks like he cost us 30 bob. His decision making today was woeful

I've commented on here often how Morelos's passing, dribbling and touch frustrates the life out of me even when he is on the top of his game. It isn't really to do with poor form that is just the player he is, people just don't seem to notice or mind much when he is scoring. 

That being said I think the criticism of Morelos is a bit too much. Compared to other players who are out of form he is still producing. He has scored two goals in two games and has been robbed blind. In terms of assists he played two incredible passes in the last two games, one to Kent who didn't back himself to finish and went down under minimal contact (imo) and yesterday for Arfield I think it was which could easily have resulted in a goal. 

Kamberi looks very sharp and hungry but I'd bring him in for Kent instead of Morelos. That finish yesterday was brilliant and how good would it be for there to be someone in the team who can take the pressure off Morelos a bit.

Edited by DMAA

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Outwith his goal, did Morelos have any chances yesterday? He can't score if no one creates for him. 

I recall one where the 'Keeper smothered it, close-range, but that was it. 

Half chance in 1rst half when ball broke to him on 6 yard line - got a good connection on it but it got the on-rushing keeper. 

He did take his "goal" well and he was yards onside.