[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Livingston (Arfield 59)

Kamberi looked better than Morelos when he came on. He had better balance, showed better control of the ball and made better decisions. I didn't expect that but I have to say he was impressive.

14 hours ago, DMAA said:

Kent seems undroppable. I’ve said since early last season he’s the most overrated player at Ibrox. He can contribute plenty at Ibrox but he’s nowhere near the player so many made out he was, he has always been lacking technically. 

Sure you are talking about Kent?

12 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

He scored a goal and created numerous chances for others. 

My point was that he can't score goals if he doesn't get the chances; he had very few chances. 

He did create a good few chances for others. I was impressed with that side of his game on Sunday.

12 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Sure you are talking about Kent?

That's my opinion yes and I've said that since day one. His strongest attributes are his pace, work rate, determination etc. His passing, ball control, shooting, crossing, vision etc. are all lacking for me for an attacking midfielder. They are normal enough for a winger though who traditionally doesn't need to be technically great because they are running into space rather than operating in congested areas.

10 hours ago, DMAA said:

That's my opinion yes and I've said that since day one. His strongest attributes are his pace, work rate, determination etc. His passing, ball control, shooting, crossing, vision etc. are all lacking for me for an attacking midfielder. They are normal enough for a winger though who traditionally doesn't need to be technically great because they are running into space rather than operating in congested areas.

Vision yes, but he has demonstrated all of the rest.

11 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Vision yes, but he has demonstrated all of the rest.

Well, if he was more technically capable he'd be very comfortable playing through the middle but he isn't. He looks very much like a winger playing in the middle.

And the problems he has with his end product; whether that's a cross, pass or shot, is all to do with technical ability. More often than not, the accuracy and finesse just isn't there.

As I've said above, that's not out of the ordinary for an out and out winger at all. But it is a problem when you are relied on to score and create consistently in a congested central area. Those qualities are vital to achieve that. Ianis Hagi typifies those qualities and I would expect him fulfil the role of this position very well.

4 hours ago, DMAA said:

And the problems he has with his end product; whether that's a cross, pass or shot, is all to do with technical ability. More often than not, the accuracy and finesse just isn't there.

No shortage of evidence that he can cross, pass and shoot.

I think you are talking about his form rather than his technical ability.

Just now, ranger_syntax said:

No shortage of evidence that he can cross, pass and shoot.

I think you are talking about his form rather than his technical ability.

I’m not, my opinion on Kent has been the same since he joined. But we obviously just have a difference of opinion. I didn’t say he couldn’t do those things, just that I consider ability in those areas as indicators of “technical” ability and I don’t see him as strong in those areas.