Corduroy Poacher is Trout of Order!

These last two seasons, the fantasist known as Graham Spiers has taken season tickets at ra Stade de Gadd. He is keen to give both his lads the same football experience he enjoyed with his own father. Of course, this where fantasy begins, his Herald Diary back in the day contained some excruciating pysh. It was around the time when ra Sellik were throwing a slap-up lunch for all the members of the fourth estate who had complied absolutely to MON's tutelage. Glenn Gibbons, Kevin McCara, Mark Guidi,..... including Spiers  were all hosted at One Devonshire Gardens.

The current Big Cheese from Dunlop wanted to ingratiate himself further into Sellik inspired vicTIMhood and indulged a false memory of attending Ibrox with his Dad, January'76. They stood in their usual place in front of the pie stall in the Broomloan, wearing their Rangers favours. They received no hassle whatsoever, in fact Graham invented a quote, "let the boay support his team". Rangers won 3-zip that day, and old firm games were all ticket; think of the administration involved to make this fantasy true?

We must express our concern at the conditioning being offered to two young impressionable lads, perhaps the authorities should intervene. Last week, the Corduroy Crusader took his elder lad fishing. The location being Harelaw Fishery. I am not an Angler myself, but I understand that attendance at Fisheries involves payment. Again, we see Graham has a problem with necessary administration. The loch has to be stocked, the fry reared, fed, and health monitored. This involves employing Gillies. One such, Alex Cairnie is the hero of the story.

The former Bootneck confronted both Spiers and son, told him the right to fish required payment. Further, the ten foot high, six foot wide sign that was five yards from his parked car, informed him the Fishery was PRIVATE and payment was necessary. Spiers replied with the robust defence of, "ah didnae see the sign and ah didnae kno' it was private". Now, I must confess that I am surprised any former wearer of the green rag on one's napper can retain such information, but it gets better. Alex Cairnie then told Spiers it was the only sign for five miles, and it had been there on his previous unpaid visits. Spiers reluctantly accepted responsibility and was swashbuckled by being labeled 'a pompous prick' and, 'a silver spoon bawbag'.

I hope other Gersnetters will join me in demanding Ayrshire Social Services step in and rescue both young lads from the Corduroy Clown and his fantasies? Absolutely, trout of order!

26 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Disgraceful assumption of entitlement from a Son of the Manse. Unsurprising, of course. 

May we suggest that the water bailiff knocked him from his, em, perch?

Baptist manse, not COS, I'm not having us associated with that slimy, pompous, professional dissembler .

Proverbs 6:16-19 

There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

6 minutes ago, gaspard said:

Baptist manse, not COS, I'm not having us associated with that slimy, pompous, professional dissembler .

Proverbs 6:16-19 

There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

I didn't say he was Cof S.

Is he not actually a dyke jumper, and currently a communicant of Rome?

You are to large extent right about him; he made his position clear some years ago, while still a Baptist, at least nominally,  when he described, and excused,  sectarian abuse directed by rasellik support towards a Minister of that faith and referee, Michael McCurry, as a display of

"natural denominational antipathy". 

Other "denominational antipathies", we were left to assume, were unnatural, and to be condemned.

22 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

This is neither the time, nor the plaice, for invoking the good book.

I invoked nothing,   

Scripture is relevant whatever the circumstances

well it is to me

God bless

Leviticus 11:9

'These you may eat, whatever is in the water: all that have fins and scales, those in the water, in the seas or in the rivers, you may eat

Belated Edit - I looked at that @ranger_syntax  and thought you were just having a play on words but for the life of me couldn't work out what it could be, taken all the fish jokes for penny to finally drop, guess I just don't associate sea fish with pond fishing, no excuse really though, I'm just painfully slow on the uptake.

Edited by gaspard