[FT] Rangers 3 - 2 Braga (Hagi 67, 82; Aribo 75)

Jack will be a huge miss as you say and Barisic will be too if he doesn't make it. It will be interesting to see if Hagi starts. It would be a move away from the style we have played at home in Europe under Gerrard which places a big emphasis on attacking midfielders who are good at pressing high and winning the ball back like Kent, Candeias, Aribo and Arfield. On the flipside, Hagi brings quality that none of the above possess.

It depends how Braga approach it. 

Their games against Porto, Sporting and Benfica were tight, 1-0 wins, so they can defend. 

They play 5-2-2-1, which suggests counter-attacking, but they seem to have matched the above teams for possession, 50/50. (Or, the Portuguese game is based on the transitions?) If they are going to sit back, we'll need Hagi's creativity. 

If they want to play, then a more counter-attacking player like Aribo, Arfield will be needed. 

If they are good on transitions, we might be better letting them have the ball and counter.

I think I'd leave out Hagi; go with the aggressive, pressing players that can counter. We can always bring Hagi on late on if we need some creativity, when the space will appear. 

I just noticed they get a lot of fouls and free-kicks -- this could be an exasperating match!

Braga's form is incredible. Since the 18th of Decemeber they have won 9 and drawn 1. The wins included away league wins over Benfica and Porto, a semi-final win over Sporting Lisbon and a cup final win over Porto. The 1 draw was in a game they got a player sent off in after going 2-0 up in the first half. This is a team who have a winning mentality and don't concede many. On the other hand with 4 red cards in 6 games they are almost as bad as us for dicipline!

Will be quite different from what we see in the league and I would assume that - of late - Braga only once saw us in full swing, during the OF game on the 29th. After that we will be hard to judge, opposition, tactic and players used. You would hope it won't be another con-affair that we at times suffered against Porto.

You would hope we actually play a frontline of Kamberi - Morelos - Kent, i.e. three real attackers. Davis and Arfield in DM/CM and Hagi as the creative mind.

BTW ... if he keeps his current form, I really hope we have a cool deal set up for him when the loan runs out. He seems to enjoy his role and is sure quite talented. Well, there always is the chance that some Scottish talent will hammer him before the end of the season, of course.

40 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

You would hope we actually play a frontline of Kamberi - Morelos - Kent, i.e. three real attackers. Davis and Arfield in DM/CM and Hagi as the creative mind.

There's no way Gerrard is going to change the European formation that's brought us so much success this season. He's going to continue with the 3 in midfield, presumably with Kamara, which will allow the full backs greater freedom.

10 places are stick-on, in my opinion, (assuming Barasic is fit) with the only question being over Hagi's inclusion.

40 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

BTW ... if he keeps his current form, I really hope we have a cool deal set up for him when the loan runs out. He seems to enjoy his role and is sure quite talented. Well, there always is the chance that some Scottish talent will hammer him before the end of the season, of course.

Are you referring to Hagi? I believe the deal is €5 million.