Channel 4 News: Child Abuse Scandal in Scottish Football

Reliably informed that the first of a three part news special will be aired this Friday during C4 news (7-8pm).  The series will be about child abuse in Scottish football and will examine what has happened over the last 50 years.

Every club that has had issues here will feature but I believe the focus will rightly be on Celtic FC and currently there are still legal battles being fought to try and stop the programme being aired.

Alex Thomson editing which may well put off Rangers fans so it will be see how he deals with his previous connections when it comes to this issue.

Please keep any chat respectful and on topic.  There will be a RFC fan featuring who suffered child abuse at Celtic Boys Club so he deserves our patience.

Call me cynical, but I wonder whether the term "Old Firm" will be used more often than "Celtic" ... as it is something that reflects negatively on them.

The important aspect of child abuse aside (as it IMHO needs no explanation how we all feel about it), given the way other countries have dealt with it, even "the English", it is utterly shameful how the topic is being handled in Scotland by those in power at nigh all strata of society, media and politics. One need not go into the paranoic depths of talking about a Catholic / Celtic Conspiracy, but seemingly one "does not speak about the Fight Club", whether being directly involved or thriving in its environment.

4 hours ago, DMAA said:

I wish that chant would stop

Haven't heard it (on screen that is) for quite a while. But when "we" started singing it, there was not even an investigation going or the people (in power - whomever they were)  wanted one. IMHO, it was cynical banter like some of the "sectarian chants" - mainly to annoy the opposition. For the best part of a decade, it all turned vile and sinister (mainly from their side) and the public / media / politicians looked on and by default blamed us ... for "minorities" or victim-card bearers can never be faulted.