What's gone wrong?

As bad as our form is we have been robbed of 5 points by match officials this season.   22 draw at aberdeen where cosgrove could have been sent off more than once and the ref calling our manager to apologise for a stone wall penalty he never gave.    Do I need to go I to  the kilmarnock game?   An absolute disgrace.

And no one bats an eye lid.

L

1 hour ago, Walterbear said:

Bit selective there mate. I said “RIGHT NOW I’d take a player with 20% less talent.....” on the basis he would be on the park every game.

Of course salaries are relevant. People on higher salaries are expected to contribute more to any organisation than those on lower ones. 

Some are are questioning the contributions of some of our players and they are entitled to. We pay their salaries. Nothing to do with lashing out and bogeymen. 

Over a period of time, that is true - and over the last two years Morelos HAS contributed more than most, if not all, at the club.  

55 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

As bad as our form is we have been robbed of 5 points by match officials this season.   22 draw at aberdeen where cosgrove could have been sent off more than once and the ref calling our manager to apologise for a stone wall penalty he never gave.    Do I need to go I to  the kilmarnock game?   An absolute disgrace.

And no one bats an eye lid.

L

You could extrapolate that further too, by looking into results that Celtic have gotten thanks to favorable refereeing.  Given both teams haven't dropped a huge amount of points it wouldn't take too long to look at the points dropped.... but how many points have Rangers increased due to dodgy refereeing ?  I can't think of any in all honesty - the only contentious incident I can recall which might have had a bearing on the result was away to Hamilton the other week and that was in the Cup.  Celtic, on the other hand, at the same venue, were 1-0 down, should have seen Griffiths red carded, the same player was then on the pitch to win the free kick which allowed them to equalize just before half time.... and the offending Accies player red carded..... so instead of Celtic playing with 10 against 11, they ended up playing with 11 against 10.... think about that for a second....

So just looking at the single game there, we have dropped 5 points that we shouldn't have (although, that said, we would likely have missed the penalty against Aberdeen....) and Celtic obtained 3 points from a game where they, plausibly, could have dropped all 3 but possibly at least 2.  A 7 point turnaround thanks to poor officiating.

All the above said..... we also need to look within at our own failings whilst also highlighting those failings of the officials.

3 hours ago, craig said:

You could extrapolate that further too, by looking into results that Celtic have gotten thanks to favorable refereeing.  Given both teams haven't dropped a huge amount of points it wouldn't take too long to look at the points dropped.... but how many points have Rangers increased due to dodgy refereeing ?  I can't think of any in all honesty - the only contentious incident I can recall which might have had a bearing on the result was away to Hamilton the other week and that was in the Cup.  Celtic, on the other hand, at the same venue, were 1-0 down, should have seen Griffiths red carded, the same player was then on the pitch to win the free kick which allowed them to equalize just before half time.... and the offending Accies player red carded..... so instead of Celtic playing with 10 against 11, they ended up playing with 11 against 10.... think about that for a second....

So just looking at the single game there, we have dropped 5 points that we shouldn't have (although, that said, we would likely have missed the penalty against Aberdeen....) and Celtic obtained 3 points from a game where they, plausibly, could have dropped all 3 but possibly at least 2.  A 7 point turnaround thanks to poor officiating.

All the above said..... we also need to look within at our own failings whilst also highlighting those failings of the officials.

I simply don't believe our refs are incompetent, I believe they are corrupt. That's just my view but I would like to highlight one important thing. If there is decades of cover up within a footballing institution, that's now allegedly being ignored and swept away by those in political power, why would anyone  think that our referees would not be as corrupt as the rest? The stench of this is everywhere. I don't know if we will ever get to the bottom of it?

8 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

I simply don't believe our refs are incompetent, I believe they are corrupt. That's just my view but I would like to highlight one important thing. If there is decades of cover up within a footballing institution, that's now allegedly being ignored and swept away by those in political power, why would anyone  think that our referees would not be as corrupt as the rest? The stench of this is everywhere. I don't know if we will ever get to the bottom of it?

You’d think if they were corrupt they would do more to try and hide it ? 

14 hours ago, craig said:

Over a period of time, that is true - and over the last two years Morelos HAS contributed more than most, if not all, at the club.  

I think over the last 2 seasons he has also cost us a number of points through sheer stupidity/petulance!  Diving repeatedly, pushing shoving, kicking out, reacting etc.

Albeit we shouldn't have to rely on one player for our goals but there is no doubt he has cost us points as well as won us them.

10 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

I don't buy in to the corrupt theory (for the time being) I do however believe that the refereeing imbalance is caused by a very poor standard of official,  combined with a cowardly propensity to take the easy decision.  Years and years of legal challenges to every contentious ruling against separate entity combined with a stunning pr machine, has resulted in our football officials favouring only one side. Now this may be institutionally subconscious,  but if it is not, then you are correct and corruption is  occurring.  Either way they are unfit to perform their duties.

Since we're airing personal "beliefs" about the Scottish football authorities and their foot soldiers, the referees, here's my thoughts.

I've watched the game for over half a century and in that time I've seen things change from being mildly pro-Rangers to profoundly the opposite. "Things" being the way games are refereed, how punishments are meted out and how games are presented by the media. There's no doubt in my mind that at one time things generally tended to go in favour of Rangers on the park, and certainly in the media, but that changed somewhere along the way. I've often thought when it was that Rangers became disadvantaged. I think any preferential treatment we enjoyed disappeared during Celtic's NIAR years but it wasn't until the Souness years that we became pariahs in our own back yard and since then our relationship with authority has been universally disagreeable. In the last 10-15 years this has become an active vendetta.

I am clear in my mind there is a specific and sustained attempt by the authorities to damage Rangers. There is no question remaining that this is translated on the pitch to deliberate cheating by several referees. The only surprise left for me is that there should still be supporters who prefer to deny this.

In a country where denial and cover-up are fundamental aspects of life, where decades of child abuse by the Catholic Church and a major sporting organisation can simply be swept under the carpet, is the notion of institutional cheating really so difficult to accept? Several people said to me at the start of this season that Rangers would not be allowed to win Celtic's title and so it has panned out. This isn't sport any more, it's tribal dominance at any cost, whatever it takes.

People saying just like last year..... if it wasnt for the Braga distraction most would be saying it's even worse. One things for sure is he hasn't learnt from last years trip away and the same situation after the winter break next year is unthinkable. Leave Dubai, and get them up north for proper winter training. Tougher them up