The jerking of knees and other tales

2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

I'm not sure he is desperate to move on. I think he has become too comfortable.

Either way it is time for all involved to move on. I'll take Kamberi ahead of Morelos for the rest of the season.

Catch 22 is we have to get his transfer fee up. It will have crashed since Xmas.

It’s possible his advisors have got to him. The Rangers fans have been brilliant to him but I think many have had enough. He was 20-30m talent at Xmas. We’ll be lucky to see £15m now, especially if SG keeps him out. . 

FWIW I suspect until the league is mathematically gone Gerard will put a line under this and say he has been punished. Gerard knows he needs money to have any chance of bolstering this squad with the talent required. I’m assuming Gerard himself perseveres. 

Kamberi ahead of Morelos? Actually no. It should be either Kamberi, Morelos, Stewart and Defoe, i.e. 2 strikers up top.

It looks like these Scottish games are made for the likes of Docherty (who is seemingly doing well in the enforcer role at Hibs ... of all people), Jones, Stewart et al, even Barker if given a run in the team.

Likewise, as much as opposition sides have sussed us out for a good few number of years, it should be possible to analyze each team`s style and counter that, i.e. place defenders as need be, put enforcers and DMs on "playmakers" or possible counter-attackers. At least when it looks like now that we can't impose ourselves in games and stop loosing control. All too obvious since the turn of the year.

Have we got the personnell right now? Who knows ... as we play the same people all the time. Hamilton at home might be a good starting point to let Jones, Hastie et al lose and hand them a chance to impress. 

48 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

Catch 22 is we have to get his transfer fee up. It will have crashed since Xmas.

It’s possible his advisors have got to him. The Rangers fans have been brilliant to him but I think many have had enough. He was 20-30m talent at Xmas. We’ll be lucky to see £15m now, especially if SG keeps him out.

His transfer value is a nice side effect of a successful team.

Lets get our priorities straight.

18 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Kamberi ahead of Morelos? Actually no. It should be either Kamberi, Morelos, Stewart and Defoe, i.e. 2 strikers up top.

It looks like these Scottish games are made for the likes of Docherty (who is seemingly doing well in the enforcer role at Hibs ... of all people), Jones, Stewart et al, even Barker if given a run in the team.

Two strikers might be a good idea.

Especially if it involves moving Hagi inside.

What do you mean by 'enforcer'?

Edited by ranger_syntax

I think we've got a great 1st team, but we are banging our heads against nearly a decade without a major trophy which is exacerbating everything we do. I can understand why Kent talked about the pressure, it's huge pressure at the moment.  We all want to win the league but it was only a couple of seasons ago that we had the likes of Pena in midfield, or Barton, or Kiernen in defence.  

The reality is that we have a really decent points haul for any team in Scotland - including Celtic.  But Celtic are simply not slipping up.  Now we have a confidence problem, but I still think we have a great first team.