This is 2500 words so I won't C&P the full piece here but suffice to say this is another quality bit of writing to make sure you set aside 5-10mins to have a read today.  It complements Rick's piece from yesterday perfectly...

https://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/current-affairs/1152-the-dubai-hangover

:)

46 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Nice to see Fat Eck featuring on Gersnet. 

It seems like a lifetime ago when the likes of @JohnMc and myself were regulars on his blog.

Excellent article too!

A focus on Europe, defending the manager and a mention of kebabs, the old tropes remain I see! A great read. 

I'm afraid I do not buy this "defending the manager" stuff. There is hardly any dispute of what he has done to the team and what achievements we have reached under him. It might be lamenting on a high level, but when it comes to Rangers, what matters to the rank and file is putting up a challenge to the Scum ... or to turn that on its head, challenge for trophies. And for the best part of 3 months we have lamented the Plan A selections and tacitcs employed by the manager and his staff. And it simply does not sit right with me when he comes out going after Jones and others after this or that game ... when these same players have got us and him where we are AS WELL AS being picked by him. Week in and week out. No matter how they perform. Rangers have never been a rehab institution or testing ground, as it seems to be the case since the turn of the year. Yet we had that last season and have it this year again. In an objective review this simply has to be taken into account too. 

38 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I'm afraid I do not buy this "defending the manager" stuff. There is hardly any dispute of what he has done to the team and what achievements we have reached under him. It might be lamenting on a high level, but when it comes to Rangers, what matters to the rank and file is putting up a challenge to the Scum ... or to turn that on its head, challenge for trophies. And for the best part of 3 months we have lamented the Plan A selections and tacitcs employed by the manager and his staff. And it simply does not sit right with me when he comes out going after Jones and others after this or that game ... when these same players have got us and him where we are AS WELL AS being picked by him. Week in and week out. No matter how they perform. Rangers have never been a rehab institution or testing ground, as it seems to be the case since the turn of the year. Yet we had that last season and have it this year again. In an objective review this simply has to be taken into account too. 

So much to pick apart in that - too much, in fact, to do so right now as I am busy at work :ninja: