[FT] Braga 0 - 1 Rangers (Kent 61)

I'm happy with that team. Braga will press us relentlessly and they would have got joy out of pressing Katic in my opinion but Edmundson can be trusted on the ball. We will also be relying on route one a bit tonight and I think Edmundson is our best long distance passer and that could be really important tonight.

The other big call is Aribo missing out. I think it's harsh but given we are likely to be going route 1 a bit you can see the sense in going with Kent. I would probably still have gone Aribo because he is fantastic at getting long balls under control and simply has far more quality. But as I say this game should suit Kent. On current form Aribo can consider himself a little unlucky not to start ahead of Davis too.

Edited by DMAA

Line-up:

McGregor

Tavernier - Goldson - Edmundson - Barisic

Jack - Davis

Arfield - Hagi - Kent

Kamberi

Subs: Foderingham, Katic, Halliday, Kamara, Aribo, Stewart, Ojo.

Welcome return for Barisic, hope he is fully fit. Substitutions likely going to be Aribo, Stewart, Ojo ...

Jones, Barker and Polster played in that 1-2 friendly defeat to Partick yesterday(?).

5 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Line-up:

McGregor

Tavernier - Goldson - Edmundson - Barisic

Jack - Davis

Arfield - Hagi - Kent

Kamberi

Subs: Foderingham, Katic, Halliday, Kamara, Aribo, Stewart, Ojo.

Welcome return for Barisic, hope he is fully fit. Substitutions likely going to be Aribo, Stewart, Ojo ...

Jones, Barker and Polster played in that 1-2 friendly defeat to Partick yesterday(?).

Do you still think we play a 4-2-3-1 ? Arfield will be alonside Jack and Davis. Hagi and Kent will be behind Kamberi.

18 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I'm happy with that team. Braga will press us relentlessly and they would have got joy out of pressing Katic in my opinion but Edmundson can be trusted on the ball. We will also be relying on route one a bit tonight and I think Edmundson is our best long distance passer and that could be really important tonight.

The other big call is Aribo missing out. I think it's harsh but given we are likely to be going route 1 a bit you can see the sense in going with Kent. I would probably still have gone Aribo because he is fantastic and getting long balls under control and simply has far more quality. But as I say this game should suit Kent. On current form Aribo can consider himself a little unlucky not to start ahead of Davis too.

If looking at just form I would agree.  However, Davis and Aribo would be playing two different positions this evening - Davis will be far more central than Aribo would be if he were in the team

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Do you still think we play a 4-2-3-1 ? Arfield will be alonside Jack and Davis. Hagi and Kent will be behind Kamberi.

Correct.  It is more of a 4-3-2-1 - inverted Xmas tree formation, and one which I think could suit.  Arfield is, IMO, better breaking from deeper behind the front lines - Hagi & Kent will be either side of Kamberi, which should allow Arfield to break between the half-spaces...… when we have the ball anyway.

Jack & Davis will clearly be expected to provide the cover defensively and Davis will, presumably, be expected to recycle the ball when in possession.