Wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen!

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

Tonight, I would like to salute the following : Hans Christian Andersen, Brian Laudrup, Peter Lovenkrands, Hamlet, Lego, Lurpak Butter, Kai Johanson, the Little Mermaid, Danpak Bacon, Great Danes, Erik the Red, Viggo Mortensen, Brigitte Nielsen, Thumbelina, Carlsberg, Tuborg, Queen Margrethe ii, Akavit, Danish Pastries, ....................................................... etc.

Almost everyone,  but what about, rangers first foreign player,  the first foreigner to playin an old firm game, the only ranger to spend ww2 in a concentration camp,  I raise you, Carl "skomager"Hansen

54 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

I see Arsenal lost out to an away goal scored in extra time in their aggregate 2-2 draw.

To me this is unfair as I believe they should not count double because in the first leg the away team does not have the benefit of an extra 30 minutes,so it should go to penalties.

I’ve always found that rule a bit strange too.

away goals is fine but when in ET they should no longer count double.

4 minutes ago, craig said:

I’ve always found that rule a bit strange too.

away goals is fine but when in ET they should no longer count double.

We wouldn't have won the CWC in 1972 had that been the case.  

Edited by Briton

I feel it's something that may be worth the authorities looking at on some level. But at the same time in this instance Arsenal had already been recipients of what's seen as something of an advantage. It's traditionally been seen as an advantage to play the first leg away from home then you know exactly what's required in the second leg on home turf.

In a situation like this it may be argued that this advantage was simply evened out by the opportunity of extra time for the away team. And at the end of the day Arsenal went into this match with all the advantages already in place. They had an away goal and a one goal lead. They blew it. Arguably even more spectacularly than the yahoos did.