Europa League Last 16: Rangers v Bayer Leverkusen

A very, very tough draw in Bayer Leverkusen but if we can take a decent result to Germany, you never know.

We need to turn our attention back to domestic football now with a huge game in Edinburgh tomorrow. More mud, wind and rain expected. We must up our quality!

• Frankie changed the title to Europa League Last 16 Draw: Rangers v Bayer Leverkusen

I think a German side like Leverkusen can negate our physical advantage in a way that the mediterranean sides often can't. It won't be as easy to give them a rough ride at Ibrox because they tend to be up for the physical battle.

Given they are only 6 points off a world class Bayern Munich side and 2 off Dortmund I think this is a very hard draw and probably the end of the road. Having said that it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility. Pressure is well and truly off now.

Edited by DMAA

• Frankie changed the title to Europa League Last 16: Rangers v Bayer Leverkusen
1 minute ago, DMAA said:

I think a German side like Leverkusen can negate our physical advantage in way that the mediterranean sides can't. It won't be as easy to give them a rough ride at Ibrox because they tend to be up for the physical battle.

Tell us about how organised they are.

It's a pleasure to be involved at this stage. We'll play at least 18 European games this season, which in itself is a remarkable achievement for a club at our stage of reconstruction. Leverkusen certainly won't relish playing us, so I'm not going to worry about them or credit them with a status they don't deserve.