[FT] Hearts 1 - 0 Rangers

In the absence of a proper preview, I'll point everyone in the direction of today's press conference thread on Twitter.

After such a tough game physically the other night, I'd like the chance to make a few changes to the team but I think we need to play our strongest XI tomorrow and perhaps allow more players a rest next Wednesday at home v Hamilton.

As such I'd go with an XI along the lines of below.  I would rest Kent: he worked incredibly hard the other night and I don't think the tight Tynie pitch will do him any favours.  In saying that, Hearts have been playing a very open game lately so it may depend on the manager's thinking in terms of finding space on the counter.

Nevertheless, I'd replace him with Stewart who might work better in this game.  Joe Aribo might also fancy his chances of making the starting XI as Ianis Hagi might be another who could start from the bench.  Arfield has been in good form recently and we'll need him again tomorrow but with him, Jack and Davis all playing the full 90mins in Braga, one of the three may well drop out as well for Aribo or Kamara. 

Good news is that Morelos is available again (and has to start scoring again soon surely) whilst the manager has also said that Jermain Defoe might make the squad after his recent injury.

Possible Starting XI (4-3-2-1):

rfc_hearts.jpg

Looking forward to this today, not been to Tynecastle in a good number of years. Only downside if the weather forecast? (There is a statement you only make after 40!). I fancy a good performance as we should get a boost from Wednesday. I can't see us taking the foot off the gas but then you never know?

Any reason whatsoever given why this Saturday game is pushed to 5.30 and the second game even later (7.20)?  There is but one EPL game on right now, the rest start at 15 o'clock. Wrecked my whole Saturday ...

NB: I would hope we'll give it a realy going, Morelos, Stewart and Jones all in there from the off. Back 4 will remain the same, Jack and Davis in MF. Rest Kent, Hagi the creator.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Any reason whatsoever given why this Saturday game is pushed to 5.30 and the second game even later (7.20)?  There is but one EPL game on right now, the rest start at 15 o'clock. Wrecked my whole Saturday ...

There were games on BT and Sky so Premier are presumably trying to avoid them.