[FT] Hearts 1 - 0 Rangers

Just now, CammyF said:

Sorry but it was the right call on Alfredo. His discipline is shocking and to turn up late after given time off is latest in long line of him letting us done. Manager was left wirh no other option and I'll back him to the hilt on that. 

It's an understandable point but I agree with Compo. I would have played him then dealt with it after the game. His physicality would have given us something to aim at. Then SG could have made his point by dropping him for the midweek v Hamilton at Ibrox.

4 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

It's an understandable point but I agree with Compo. I would have played him then dealt with it after the game. His physicality would have given us something to aim at. Then SG could have made his point by dropping him for the midweek v Hamilton at Ibrox.

Not dealing with it now would have led to calls of SG being weak and having favourites. Players know the rules, the club were good enough to give AM time off, least he could have done was repay this with coming back on time. 

When I saw the starting XI I feared the worst. No recognised striker / centre forward for starters. We couldn’t keep hold of the ball up front.

no offence to StevenDavis but he’s past his best now. Second best to everything tonight.

And I wonder how our gaffer now feels after slaughtering Katic last weekend. Edmundson had a howler tonight.

Finally would the Rangers board please stop handing out new contracts to management & players who haven’t won anything 

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

Great teams and great players make that tide turn by their effort and their character. That tonight was simply gutless. We aren't helped by officials who ought to be in a fucking circus with clown shoes and an exploding car rather than refereeing a football match, but too much of what went on tonight is down to Gerrard and the players. They let us down badly. 

We haven't got a great team or  any great players. We certainly don't have the money to buy any. We need to keep buying budget players hoping they will turn into better players or better still bring players through our youth system. Unfortunately any promising young player is snapped up by a ridiculously rich EPL team.

I'm depressed ?.

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Sorry but it was the right call on Alfredo. His discipline is shocking and to turn up late after given time off is latest in long line of him letting us done. Manager was left wirh no other option and I'll back him to the hilt on that. 

For the 2nd game in a row at Tynecastle, Naismyth is completely bossed the game. He is finished as a player but I'd love 11 players with his fight, drive and determination in our team. Made our Captain look like a Girl Guide (no disrespect to Girl Guides). 

In normal circumstances if we had another striker able to play tonight from the start I would agree with you Cammy but we were hamstrung (figuratively) tonight by lack of other personnel. Gerrard's decision has effectively thrown away an option that would have given us a focal point at least against Hearts. If Alfie had put in another disinterested performance then it wouldn't have been SG's fault. As it was that decision robbed us of any real physical presence up front until we had to start chucking the centre halfs up in desperation at the end.

I agree about Naismith. He had a fire in his belly tonight and I wish any one of our players had shown a fraction of his desire.

We are a club built on discipline and principles. I wouldn't have cared of leaving Alfie out tonight meant we had to play with 10 men, it was the right call. AM needs to learn, it's all about Rangers FC not himself. 

Think back, what would have Walter Smith done? What would Graeme Souness have done? What would Jock Wallace have done? 

Missing one game would have been the least they would have imposed. 

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

We are a club built on discipline and principles. I wouldn't have cared of leaving Alfie out tonight meant we had to play with 10 men, it was the right call. AM needs to learn, it's all about Rangers FC not himself. 

Think back, what would have Walter Smith done? What would Graeme Souness have done? What would Jock Wallace have done? 

Missing one game would have been the least they would have imposed. 

Talking about Walter Smith, does anyone think those players would have thrown in the towel like that if Walter had been in charge. Sometimes it's less about management and more about leadership. We certainly have no leadership on the pitch and I've a growing realisation that we don't have enough leadership off it, either in the dugout or the boardroom. We seem to be merely treading water.