ROME (Reuters) - Former Juventus player Gianluca Pessotto was in a serious condition after falling from a window at the club's headquarters, the Juventus press office said on Tuesday.

Pessotto, who took up the post of Juventus's sports director at the end of last season after 11 years with the team, was taken to hospital in Turin.

The defender, who made 22 appearances for Italy, was a regular starter during one of the most successful periods in Juventus's history, winning six Serie A titles and the 1996 Champions League.

Italy captain and Juventus defender Fabio Cannavaro walked out of a news conference at the Azzurri's World Cup training camp when he heard the news of Pessotto's fall.

They are looking into it to see if he was pushed!....

Unreal.

imagine playing in the seria C , against some of the best palyers in the world , would this mean their place in the champions league would be lost and many key players would look to leave.

For me , Cannavaro has been outstanding in all Italy's games I have seen in the past year and especially this world cup , I would expect many big teams to be in for him

AC wont get relegated.

Juve might but i think only to Serie B and not C.

It took MArseille a fair few years to get back after they got relegated but i can see Juve bouncing straight back, a few of there players would stay.