CHARLIE ADAM has given Rangers a huge pre-season boost by signing a new contract tying him to the club until 2012.

The midfielder has committed his future to Rangers and is delighted to cap a fantastic debut campaign by penning a five-year deal.

Since returning from St Mirren last summer Adam's reputation has risen considerably due to a string of excellent performances in the top team.

After being given his chance by Paul Le Guen, the 22-year-old then held down his place in the side following Walter Smith's appointment and made over 40 appearances last term.

His 14 goals also played a big part in helping the Light Blues cement a Champions League spot and Adam's efforts were subsequently rewarded with a call up to the Scotland squad.

His involvement with the Dark Blues at the end of the season topped a great year and although he only had 20 days' rest in the summer, Charlie admits is feeling fit and raring to go.

He told Rangers.co.uk: "It's great to be back and I am enjoying training so far.

"We didn't get too long off but I really don't mind because we are here at Murray Park now preparing, hopefully, for a really successful season.

"I am also delighted to get my contract sorted and commit my future to Rangers.

"I have been here for a while, with two loan spells in between and I was happy with how I did last season.

"To come back and play over 40 games was more than I could have expected and now to be rewarded with a new deal is fantastic.

"I spoke to the manager and his advice influenced my decision to sign such a long-term deal.

"What he said just confirmed my own thoughts and I'm pleased it's all finalised before the games start.

"I will keep working hard and hopefully do well. We have strengthened the squad and I believe we can have a good season."

0,,5~3304722,00.jpg

Gload to see he has been sgined up, one of the best bits of talent to come out of Murray Park

MacGregor

Hutton

Lowintg

Smith

Burke

Fleck

Adam

Lennon

MacLean

Hutton - I mentioned

Lowing - we've seen him 3 times if lucky. Hardly made the jump YET!

Smith - I mentioned

Burke - pish!

Fleck - When did he make his 1st team debut?

Lennon - jury's out whether he'll make the jump

MacLean - deemed not good enough.

Hutton - I mentioned

Lowing - we've seen him 3 times if lucky. Hardly made the jump YET!

Smith - I mentioned

Burke - pish!

Fleck - When did he make his 1st team debut?

Lennon - jury's out whether he'll make the jump

MacLean - deemed not good enough.

I would agree 100% with that mate. Burkes a disgrace