Sorry for this wee rant!

13 minutes ago, MrGaryValentine said:

had to come on and get a few things off my chest after looking at the social media fall out from last nights result. 

where to start? well everyone i had spoke to (even after wednesday) saw this result coming. why? simply because domestically we have been terrible since our return in january. 

i really hope this is the wake-up call gerrard and his backroom team needed. 

there is no doubt that we have made great strides under gerrard since he came in but this summer will be where we see if he had learned from his mistakes. 

we finished last season on fire and that perhaps made him think we were better than we actually were so he opted to go for more strength in depth than actually improving our starting xi, same could be said in january just past due to our first half form. 

i think we can all now see that we now need to improve our starting xi. i am not going to single out players but what i will say is for the first time in nearly a decade we have sellable assets who, if the right offer is received, should be moved on and that money should be re-invested to improve that starting xi - not the squad as a whole. 

after 20 months we STILL have players picking up a wage who offer nothing. that just can’t continue moving forward. we may be in a lucky position this year that many contracts will expire of some of those squad players. they are the legacy of previous managers and a darker time for us. once these players leave we can use their wages, again to strengthen our starting xi and make a proper go of this next year.

guys like foderingham, alwnick, flanagan, halliday, holt, rossiter, murphy, stewart, jones, ojo and barker will all be on decent money and are offering us next to nothing for what we have invested in them. 

but we can’t continue to demand the removal of managers after a few poor results. 

there seems to be an obsession within some of our support with stopping celtic winning 10 in a row. i want to look at ourselves. yes it’s shit watching them hoover up trophy after trophy BUT our time will come, but we need to keep to the plan and not just rip it up after a few bad results. constantly going back to square one is never gonna get us anywhere. 

i don’t believe gerrard is a quitter and it certainly would shock me if he was to leave us but he does need to ask himself a few honest questions. has he been too loyal to certain players who continue to let him down when the big games arrive? i think so, but i also think gerrard is determined to be a success at rangers and he will make the changes needed to become a success. 

for me he has to tell his players straight - they have from now until may to prove they are good enough to be at rangers. 

let’s back the manager guys!

A lot of Gerrard’s problems come from poor recruitment last summer.

The likes of Jones, Barker, Stewart, Hastie, Ojo & Edmundson haven’t made much of an impact for one reason or another.

Only really Helander & Aribo have made any real impact & Helander’s been injured for the past 3 months.

And ironically the two loaners who arrived in January, Hagi & Kamberi have looked the best of all recruits so far this season in my opinion.

That’s not a good situation to be in.

20 minutes ago, MrGaryValentine said:

i don’t believe gerrard is a quitter and it certainly would shock me if he was to leave us but he does need to ask himself a few honest questions. has he been too loyal to certain players who continue to let him down when the big games arrive? i think so, but i also think gerrard is determined to be a success at rangers and he will make the changes needed to become a success. 

problem, is our players don't know what a big game is, last night was a big game, every unglamorous league fixture, is a big game.

Braga was not a big game, Europe is a seasonal bonus nothing more.

As Gaspard says....some players seem to pick and chose what constitues a BIG game. When you play for Rangers every game is as important as the next to win....we have players who have never been or never will be winners.

• Frankie changed the title to Sorry for this wee rant!
3 minutes ago, onevision said:

As Gaspard says....some players seem to pick and chose what constitues a BIG game. When you play for Rangers every game is as important as the next to win....we have players who have never been or never will be winners.

totally agree, we need to move away from english based players who have came from clubs that never had the pressure of a fanbase demanding success every year. 

hopefully ross wilson and our scouting department will sort this in the summer. 

excluding mcgregor & davis we had no-one last night starting who had won anything of note in their career. maybe jack winning a league cup? we need winners. 

11 minutes ago, gaspard said:

problem, is our players don't know what a big game is, last night was a big game, every unglamorous league fixture, is a big game.

Braga was not a big game, Europe is a seasonal bonus nothing more.

that is where gerrard needs to be honest with himself on who he truely believes are rangers players in that squad. 

19 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

The likes of Jones, Barker, Stewart, Hastie, Ojo & Edmundson haven’t made much of an impact for one reason or another.

Only really Helander & Aribo have made any real impact & Helander’s been injured for the past 3 months.

And ironically the two loaners who arrived in January, Hagi & Kamberi have looked the best of all recruits so far this season in my opinion.

again, totally agree. hagi was the only player last night who looked like he wanted to get a result last night, everyone else just continued going through the motions. 

3 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

1. Many players are not good enough

2. Every other side now knows how to play against SG's sole and only "system". 

1) Some players are not good enough,others due to loss of form/confidence.

2) Conversely we do not know how to play against these teams,most of whom are "hammer throwers"

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

I don't think it was poor, per se, but the focus was on depth, rather than first-team players. 

They're not, and were never meant to be, first team players, so not having an impact is irrelevant, IMO. What we were looking for, is for them to play a few games here and there, put in solid performances and/or develop their game. 

Jones and Stewart are solid Premier League players, who wouldn't have cost too much. They have each contributed a little: Stewart's came off the bench to grab a decent number of goals for someone that doesn't play much; and Jones grabbed important assists in EU qualifying, but then has been injured for the majority of the time. 

Hastie and Edmundson are youngsters with promising futures. Edmundson looks good at times, but make the odd mistake; that's not unusual for a youngster. Hastie has not done much, but he's only 20; he was one of the best youngsters in the League. 

Ojo is a loan that showed early promise but has disappointed. 

Barker was just an opportunity to add to the squad depth, IMO. He's not good enough. 

I don't think the profile of player we went for is wrong: they are youngsters with promise, or solid premier league players that can add to the squad. 

What I agree with, from those above posts, is that we have focused, wrongly, on squad players to add depth. What we needed was more first-team players. Hagi, Kamberi, Aribo and Helander are good signings, in that regard.

(I think only Hagi and Kamberi are Wilson signings, I think? I might be wrong.)